Output question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Output question

Hi Andrey, I was doing some testing with output node, and I noticed some differences between max's standards output and fstorm output
    can you take a look at this video where I recorded what's going on and see if this is normal, or is this a possible bug?

Thank you.

Vjeko

Hi. FStorm does color correction in internal color space, not in RGB. This is why you get different results.

Comment

Would it be a problem to make a checkbox in FStorm output something like "preserve colors", so that the curve only affects the lightness of the image, so that it works like trough a Luminosity blending mode?
      ( try adding Curves to an image in photoshop, but run curves trough Luminosity blending mode)

Whole idea about this is for Output to just fix overbright parts of the image, and leave other parts that are darker the way they are.

I'm trying to run all my diffuse textures trough output that's clamped on highlights, so that I balance all my textures.
      For example if I have a texture that has some parts as white value of 255, and I use 220 as my peak white in my workflow, with FStorm Output I could tone down highlights to reach a maximum of 220, now it messes with my colors, but if there could be a "preserve color" thing where it will only mess with lightness, that would be awesome!

here's a screenshot explanation of that effect, on the left I have my gradient image the way it is, and on the right I used Luminosity Curves to cut out ONLY overbright parts, and you can see that in the gradient, only top level of color has changed, all other colors stayed the same

Comment

This is a bit complicated. I would just reduce overal multiplier to 0.9 from 1.0

Comment

Ok, thank you for the suggestion!

Comment

Working...
          X