Exclude for Glare and Tonemapping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exclude for Glare and Tonemapping

Hi. I'm using an environment (spherical) with fstorm mix map coupling constellations figures map on a starmap.
    Problem, i only want affect starmap with glare and tonemapping, not the constellations map. Because i only want diffraction spikes on stars, not on constellations lines.
    That's why it would be reeeally great and useful to be able to exclude at least the map channel (here the channel 2, assigned to constellations map) from glare and tonemapping.

Edit: Another way to do it, with 2 checkboxes such "allow glare" and "allow tonemapping" in the parameters rollout of the FStormBitmap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	exclude4glaretonemap1.png
Views:	1
Size:	410.0 KB
ID:	12379

Name:	exclude4glaretonemap2.png
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	12380

Name:	exclude4glaretonemap3.JPG
Size:	297.2 KB
ID:	12381

Thanks
    Last edited by Sylk; 03-16-2022, 10:24 AM.
    Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
    Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Did you resolve this by rendering out a separate pass of the constellations?

Comment

Thanks to consider the subject. In fact i want avoid to have to make external compositing. I found a way to solve the problem but really not as convenient as exclusions i request.

I have to detail my way in my other post about this problem.
      Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
      Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

https://fstormrender.com/forum/forum/...re-improvement

Yeah, read about it, can't deny I'm curious how you did it without rendering a pass. But I'm sure it's annoying to type it all out. Glad you atleast had a work around.

Comment

Working...
        X