Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn off "fake" caustics

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue where I get an overbright glow behind my subject and I cannot get rid of it. Even with only the sun as a light source I get this glow which does not feel correct to me. I know fstorm does not support caustics but does have some light effect where color bleeds through colored, glass like materials. In a lot of cases this is welcome as a substitute for caustics but in this case it's not and it's hard to edit out.

Is it possible to turn this off or maybe another solution someone knows?

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	2
Size:	1.15 MB
ID:	12276

Any help is much appreciated!

-Joep
    Last edited by Tok Tok; 01-21-2022, 02:25 PM.

I am not sure I can fix it without breaking anything else. The effect doesn't look very strong.

Comment

In most cases it's not very noticeable but especially when I turn on dispersion a very colorful glow appears, also in other scenes where there is more of a surrounding, it can color the whole scene with sort of unwanted colors. Like I said, it's hard to edit out because the yellow color shines through the glass, so if I were to photoshop a white background behind it, it would feel weird. Also, this is an animtion, which makes it more difficult. I think the effect is pretty strong, the numbers the fade into the background atm.

I was hoping there would be a way to add an option to turn this color bleeding or sort of caustics off, in a future version. No plans for real caustics I suppose then?

Comment

Working...
      X