3ds max 2018 is out for subscribers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3ds max 2018 is out for subscribers

I figured some of you might be interested in the new max 2018, don't get too excited.

I have taken a screenshot of the "whats new in max 2018" section from the help-package max comes with for those curious:

http://imgur.com/a/tcrrY

Post with 1 views. Whats new in max2018

shocked they didnt make some announcement yet

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post
      shocked they didnt make some announcement yet
      Yeah it's really odd actually, normally it goes up on servers first, people find it, then the announcement happens, then subscribers gets it.
      This time around subs got it first! before anyone else found it etc. so yeah it's certainly out, but.... there is so little new, its nearly sad.

So in terms of using it, there is literally nothing new unless you are excited about Arnold (guess not here) or if you have a 5K monitor, I guess the new UI (which isn't that bad from a customization standpoint) is also cool, but really... its a service pack.

Edit:
      Also as always with max, I just wanted to note that you can't really "use" max before an army of 3rd party vendors updates there plugins, because lets face it, they are really the ones making 3dsmax worth it.
      Last edited by snakeboxmedia; 04-12-2017, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by snakeboxmedia View Post

Yeah it's really odd actually, normally it goes up on servers first, people find it, then the announcement happens, then subscribers gets it.
        This time around subs got it first! before anyone else found it etc. so yeah it's certainly out, but.... there is so little new, its nearly sad.

So in terms of using it, there is literally nothing new unless you are excited about Arnold (guess not here) or if you have a 5K monitor, I guess the new UI (which isn't that bad from a customization standpoint) is also cool, but really... its a service pack.

Edit:
        Also as always with max, I just wanted to note that you can't really "use" max before an army of 3rd party vendors updates there plugins, because lets face it, they are really the ones making 3dsmax worth it.
        so you have tried it?

Comment

so you have tried it?
          Yeah I have, it's part of our subscription so I have it installed. but like I said, you will be hard pressed to visually find anything different. I do hope that it's a lot better under the hood than 2017 is, one can only hope right? but only time will tell.

Comment

can you post a screenshot of the new ui? problem i had before was the new icons so i removed everything and left max 2017

Comment

can you post a screenshot of the new ui? problem i had before was the new icons so i removed everything and left max 2017
              There you go.

Comment

aha, is the jump to in the menues option fixed and the selection issues? before when your zoomed out from an object it was hard to select also when in some menue rollout and you right click the rollout to jump to another heading in the same rollout it would do nothing at all

Comment

Working...
                X