Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download Page down?

Hi,

I tried to download the newest version of fstorm however I'm always getting a 404 error page.

Yes... same here!

Comment

+1 same here

Comment

+1
        I am also unable to purchase. Any way to fix that? Alternative DL Link?
        Last edited by MikeEcho; 05-03-2017, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone.
          Our website doesn't work properly at the moment due to Otoy lawyers activity. We will appeal the website blocking very soon. This time I have a good lawyer and this is Russian area, it should not take much time. They used Russian anti piracy law and they claim FStormRender is renamed OctaneRender. At the moment downloads, purchase and manual (who know why...) sections are blocked. Existing users should not have any problem with using FStorm. This is a good opportunity to punish them for their illegal actions.

Comment

I sincerely hope that the development of Fstorm can continue serenely, I find its price very affordable and a rendering engine very intuitive. Congratulations to Karba for offering very regular updates.

Comment

Can someone give me the download link for the last ver. of fstorm?. I reinstall windows )

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
                Hi everyone.
                Our website doesn't work properly at the moment due to Otoy lawyers activity. We will appeal the website blocking very soon. This time I have a good lawyer and this is Russian area, it should not take much time. They used Russian anti piracy law and they claim FStormRender is renamed OctaneRender. At the moment downloads, purchase and manual (who know why...) sections are blocked. Existing users should not have any problem with using FStorm. This is a good opportunity to punish them for their illegal actions.
                wow, how can they do that??! that's low man

Comment

Originally posted by Iskánder ivp87 View Post

wow, how can they do that??! that's low man
                  yes thats low, but i guess money rules the world and they are affraid of karbas render engine that would ruin their buisness ^^

Comment

haha i was thinking that i hope for a major release that will blow those guys off the game when the pages will be back!
                    it would be fun.

however i don't get why he doesn't put up a mirror of the website in another domain in the meantime

another thing i don't get is: do they basically hacked the website or has karba been forced to shut those pages off? and if they hacked why it's website devs didn't provide a solution?
                    last but not least what about user's sensible datas such as paypal accounts and whatnot?

just wondering, not that changes that much at the time

Comment

Originally posted by cdb View Post
                      haha i was thinking that i hope for a major release that will blow those guys off the game when the pages will be back!
                      it would be fun.

however i don't get why he doesn't put up a mirror of the website in another domain in the meantime

another thing i don't get is: do they basically hacked the website or has karba been forced to shut those pages off? and if they hacked why it's website devs didn't provide a solution?
                      last but not least what about user's sensible datas such as paypal accounts and whatnot?

just wondering, not that changes that much at the time
                      This isn't about what technically is possible, it's law. he only makes the case harder for himself if he starts hosting it on dropbox and other 3rd party platforms. you don't win a legal case by cutting corners, it will suck for a while unfortunalely, but hopefully logic prevails in the end.

Comment

As I said they used Russian anti piracy law and claimed FStormRender is renamed OctaneRender.
                        We are in process of blocking appeal. Hopefully the court will understand its mistake.
                        No user data losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
                          As I said they used Russian anti piracy law and claimed FStormRender is renamed OctaneRender.
                          We are in process of blocking appeal. Hopefully the court will understand its mistake.
                          No user data losses.
                          I hope you'll get back, what is yours. Looks like a nice piece of Software, from what i've ssen on youtube.

I think it would be nice, if you put a short notice on the Download and purchase Link, to show the ppl, that you are on it and there is some kind of administering.

Just my 2 Cents

I wish you luck with the russian law.

Comment

I do not know much about programming, but if the code is different, the interface and the different algorithms are totally different, justice will only conclude that Fstorm has the right to exist! For once a very good rendering engine by GPU is accessible financially, I very much hope that the development will continue because with Fstorm everything is user friendly and easy to access! Courage to you Karba!

Comment

I hope that even with this story of justice, you continue to develop new updates to your program, that this procedure does not slow you down in development right now. But I can also understand that his things are "polluting" to move forward. Strongly that the download page is accessible with new updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X