• FStorm Output texture suuport clamp option
    • custom material for gray material rendering
    • FStormCamera viewport FOV limit
    Bug fixes:
    • inconsistent FStormFur and FStormScatter geometry generation
    • FStormScatter crash with network rendering
    • Broken Material Projection UI
    • GPU crash during volumetric compilation

This build requires 3ds Max version 2016 - 2023, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

https://fstormrender.com/download/

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.

Hi Andey,
    I'm a little sad of the removel of 2015 being that I'm still using this version to finish a film that I've been working on for six year. I undestand asking to keep support for it is difficult, but if that's not doable will I still be able to use Fstorm on this version with v1.5?

Comment

How come you dont upgrade ?

Comment

Originally posted by 3DNATTY View Post
        How come you dont upgrade ?
        Because of about 500+ VFX shots that I am personally making on my own (long journey) I hope to finish my film's VFX this year, after that I'm planning on upgrading. Also, I'm still on Win7 still and tried upgrading slowly in the past but had some bad results so I decided to stay as is until I reach the deadline. What's been a challenge sometimes is on paid gigs from clients and not having some features, but most of the plugins I have fill the void of what lacks in newer versions of MAX. Ironicly I might have a new gig that will be enough to build another new setup for render and work, (but still think it's best to finalize the film in it's current setup.)

Comment

Good luck ! ..

Comment

Version is updated to 1.5.1a
            Changes:
            • FStormScatter

This update is about FStormScatter implementation.
            This is a test build, it may have some bugs.
            Don't use FStormScatter in major commercial projects.

FStormScatter can be found in 3ds max geometry objects in FStorm category near FStormProxy object.

Here is a simple FStormScatter demo scene
            https://fstormrender.com/wa-data/publ...leDemo2018.max

Comment

Fantastic, testing tonight and will give my feedback ....YES !

Comment

Its great ... all that's needed is Collision parameters ... Great work guys

Comment

My apologies, right click !

Comment

Ok so i cant get Collision to work .. any tips Karba

Attached Files

Comment

WOW ! very very impressed, this is so powerful and not faltered once ... just keep adding whilst in RT mode ..instant results ! and memory usage fantastic ... time to play
                      Attached Files

Comment

Question, how do you make a Collision Group ? cant find it

Comment

Scatter doesn't seem to work with Displacement

Comment

Can you use Multi texture ?

Comment

Great job Andrey !
                              if I can suggest.
                              - Adding a on/off checkbox on the scatter node and on each node available or a lookthroug or bypass statut.
                              - adding the possibility to paint over the surface directly like the Soulburnscript objet painter (http://www.neilblevins.com/art_asset...for_3dsmax.htm)
                              - add a little help or description of the node
                              - possibility to copy/paste the selected node or shift or ctrl or alt drag it to duplicate it
                              - adding a merge node to merge multiple object node to branch in one after if the list is not possible
                              - dont know if its possible, the possibility to select multiple nodes and have them in the right panel like nuke or fusion with a possibility to show a limit of 1 to x node in the right panel
                              - add a statut bar to see when fscatter is cooking the node.
                              - possibility to select from object/surface node the source used in the node
                              - possibility to show in the viewport the generator node selected in overlay
                              - possibility in the generator to choose the count preview of display as box mesh
                              - maybe add a scatter list like light lister
                              - test with heavy three in proxy, 1000 instance, the rt is really fast, it update instantly when i put a value but, i have a delay for the scatter editor to be usable and the viewport.
                              - some crash happen with black viewport try to refresh the cooking
                              Last edited by kahein; 05-26-2022, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X