Blender plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blender plugin

Is Blender in the plug-in development plans?
    Now I have to use Octane, cause FStorm is not available for me.
    I cannot wait till I could use FStorm with Blender.

According to this article i would be very happy if you could switch to Blender

even though this would mean I and many of those who using FStorm at the moment have to switch and learn the Blender Tools.
    But due to the price policy from Autodesk it could not be that all these Third-Party Plugins (...and it customers) that helped Autodesk to rise to the big player it is now
    the artists have to pay such a big price in the end

That progress makes me sad

http://www.evermotion.org/articles/s...-plans-pricing
    Last edited by Hubl; 03-08-2017, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah... I'm migrating my workflow from 3ds to Blender more and more.
      Plugin for Blender would BE SO AWESOME!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akWu9_mHgTo

Comment

it seems its not so easy to port to blender because blender does not allow paid software to use used unless some section of it is free, not sure how it goes fully but over at chaosgroup this is the reason why vray is not developing for blender much

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post
            it seems its not so easy to port to blender because blender does not allow paid software to use used unless some section of it is free, not sure how it goes fully but over at chaosgroup this is the reason why vray is not developing for blender much
            fyi
            https://blender.stackexchange.com/qu...blender-addons

Comment

Hey I am new around here. But I joined to chime in support for Blender on the road map.

I want to say a few things though -

1. People sell their blender add-ons via the blender market that is maintained by CG Cookie.
              2. There are a few third party renders such as Lux Render which is under the Apache 2.0 license.

If possible please support blender. It would be really beneficial to my workflow.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadClot View Post

1. People sell their blender add-ons via the blender market that is maintained by CG Cookie.
                2. There are a few third party renders such as Lux Render which is under the Apache 2.0 license.
                from the previously posted link:

"GNU does not allow linking an application with closed code - it is forbidden to include a commercial library in a GNU code - you would have to make such library open-source to use it.

But you can do something like commercial render engines do: the export plugin is GNU (uses Blender API) and converts scene data to commercial application (ie. renderer) which is not GNU (doesn't use Blender API) and the licenses differ. This works because the addon is not dependent on the non-GNU application.

What does that mean: It does not mean the author must give you such code for free. It means when you have the code, you are free to distribute it (or modify) under the same license. You can distribute it however you like - for free or for money."

:P

"I couldn't find the sports car of my dreams, so I built it myself. "
                -Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

As more and more professionals and studios are migrating from 3Dmax to Blender will be a good thing to have a Blender-Fstorm connection. There are some nice integrations for Vray, Maxwell, Octane, Thea, Renderman, Corona, but unfortunately Fstop and Redshift still don't have a Blender plugin.

P.S: Blender also have a good Render API, so if somebody wish to make an external render connection it is possible.
                  Last edited by Alexas; 11-26-2017, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Redshift is making a Blender plugin now.

https://www.redshift3d.com/forums/viewthread/11236/P165

"We have a couple of developers currently working on this. It’s still very early days for the plugin so my prediction is that there won’t be any real news for at least a few months.

When we have some basic rendering working inside Blender, we’ll make sure to let everyone know! Even if it’s just a flat-shaded triangle

Thanks

-Panos"

Comment

While I don't have specific information on future development plans, Blender has a diverse ecosystem for rendering engines and plug-ins. Although FStorm is not currently available, Octane is a popular choice for Blender users. Explore Octane's capabilities within Blender and stay connected with the Blender community for potential updates on plug-in compatibility. Future opportunities may arise for using FStorm or other rendering engines with Blender.
                      Looking for the best laptops for Blender? Discover top-notch performance and seamless rendering with our expertly curated selection.

Comment

A Blender plugin is an additional software component that extends the functionality of the Blender 3D modeling and animation software. It integrates into the Blender interface and provides additional features, tools, or effects to enhance the capabilities of the software. These plugins can be created by the Blender community or third-party developers and can range from simple tools to complex add-ons that enable advanced functionalities in areas such as modeling, texturing, rendering, animation, simulation, and more. Users can install and activate these plugins within Blender to expand its capabilities and customize their workflow to suit their specific needs.

Comment

Working...
                        X