Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will there ever be a Perpetual Licence for FStorm ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will there ever be a Perpetual Licence for FStorm ?

Hi,

I've heard so much good stuff about FStorm, so I'm over here taking a look

But, I am not keen on renting software - especially one which is reliant on internet connections (otherwise it will stop working in 2 days......).

Are there any plans for creating a Perpetual Licence version (with a small yearly 'maintenance' subscription) ?

Many thanks.

Karba
    Would be a great option - see current Autodesk discussion for opinions on rental only...
    Last edited by RobSteady; 04-20-2017, 11:04 AM.
    FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

I've been a Max user since 1995 (dos R3), V-Ray for around 10 etc etc.

I cannot invest in a technology where there is no option to buy and own a perpetual licence - especially one where it is too small a company with just one main 'keystone' developer (he disappears, so does my ability to use the software).

I need a licence that's installed on my desktop and I can use it independently from source for that very reason (company goes belly up, I still can open files and work with them until EOL).

Gives the user better protection over their money and time investment.

Comment

No plans for perpetual licence. It would cost a lot and require internet connection for license activation. In case I disappear and you want to install/activate it on a new PC, the result would be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
          No plans for perpetual licence. It would cost a lot and require internet connection for license activation. In case I disappear and you want to install/activate it on a new PC, the result would be the same.
          please don't disappear

Comment

I want to get a license in my PC free update in 1.xxx version and save 50% upgrade to 2.0 version or save 80% if I purchase 2 years or 3 years, it will be coming?

Comment

But it's not the same thing having a few stations for unlimited time, than having the same for 2 days, I think there's no way you can reach the full potential of FStorm if you don't plan to give an option of full purchase

Comment

For me too... it was a problem buying some stuff limited in time I can't feel it "mine" and all my commercial projects need to be linked with one man... forever! Isn't a good thing. For a stuff like this I can pay 1000$ or more because I think it's a fabulous piece of code

Comment

Any type of licensing doesn't change the fact it's developing by one single person at this moment.
                  Worst case scenario you are talking about, if the Karba's business goes wrong - is a dead end for everyone''s workflow with Fstorm, with ANY type of license.

Fstorm is a baby on the market not a beast yet.
                  No one moving and implementing such things so fast so far, and if the right motivation for him is 20Euro a month, well no problem, that how the business works. Stay in touch

Comment

Originally posted by JDE View Post
                    Any type of licensing doesn't change the fact it's developing by one single person at this moment.
                    Worst case scenario you are talking about, if the Karba's business goes wrong - is a dead end for everyone''s workflow with Fstorm, with ANY type of license.

Fstorm is a baby on the market not a beast yet.
                    No one moving and implementing such things so fast so far, and if the right motivation for him is 20Euro a month, well no problem, that how the business works. Stay in touch
                    It’s not that simple; see, it's not the same to produce a crane, a prototype crane that "for now" there is no plans on selling it and "for now" it's just for rental, than to produce a crane that your customers don't even know if someday they’ll be able to buy it, and if ever, then when?
                    A render engine is a tool, a very important tool, and for what FStorm is right now, the free beta is closer to a real tool than the last paid versions, a lot less featured tool, but a tool

Comment

Hi Karba. How can I purchase a licence??

Comment

YES PLEASE! something like Corona's Box license,
                        personally I do very few projects a year, I don't need updates or support but I want to own the software without worrying when to pay subscription. I hope Karba provides us a one way payment method

Comment

Originally posted by khalidou94 View Post
                          YES PLEASE! something like Corona's Box license,
                          personally I do very few projects a year, I don't need updates or support but I want to own the software without worrying when to pay subscription. I hope Karba provides us a one way payment method
                          Then, surely, for you the subscription model would be the cheapest as you'd only pay when you use it. You don't need to be subscribed for a fixed amount of time to use FStorm, like a contract, so that must be more suitable than wanting to pay a large sum of money all at once, right?

Comment

Utilizing Best and Top Vehicle Transporter Organizations Aiding in Smoother Vehicle Transportation
                            Packers and movers in Delhi
                            Packers and movers in Pune
                            packers and movers charges

Comment

Working...
                            X