Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oguz Birgoren's Fstorm Shortcuts Script. (FSS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oguz Birgoren's Fstorm Shortcuts Script. (FSS)

Hi guys,

I'm happy to announce my script. The script written to keep it opened at all times. It will let you change important settings with ease.. Changing selection like object(s) or light(s) updates rollout values accordingly. Nearly all values changed in the script immediately changes the values in render setting window. Here is info on all buttons and inputs in the script.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScriptTeaser.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	8373

Last edited by oguzbir; 06-20-2018, 02:57 PM.

Thanks Oguzbir, Max 2016 only? How can I replaced the fstormenvironmentmap.mat in order to make it work on 2015?

Comment

Originally posted by alancodger View Post
      Thanks Oguzbir, Max 2016 only? How can I replaced the fstormenvironmentmap.mat in order to make it work on 2015?
      pretty simple. in 2015 create a new material library. put some fstormbitmaps with hdris .. save with the same name... you're done

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
        pretty simple. in 2015 create a new material library. put some fstormbitmaps with hdris .. save with the same name... you're done
        Thank you for this

Comment

Originally posted by alancodger View Post
          Thank you for this
          Let me know how it works. Share here if you have any ideas for ways it can improve. I'm working on another release, an updated version where you can copy tonemapping settings to all fstormcameras in the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
            Let me know how it works. Share here if you have any ideas for ways it can improve. I'm working on another release, an updated version where you can copy tonemapping settings to all fstormcameras in the scene.

Unfortunately i cannot make it work, I did save a new material HDRI and replaced the one in the folder but when I drag the MZp for installation it does nothing, so I did test it on a 2016 version without replacing the original .mat but got same behaviour..it just not showing the panel, I don't know were wrong OR if I have a problem in installing those scripts, I do Have the Octane script by you installed on 2015 and it loads just fine, so I did Extract the MZP and tried to load through the Max Script Loader and again.. nothing is showing..don't know what to do else

Comment

I can't understand what's happening there.
              Dragging the mzp file should not display anything. read the readme manual. It just installs.
              You can then copy it's icon to a toolbar and you can run from there.
              Since you have extracted the mzp file. The mse -main script file should be located in the 3dsmax\script folder. What happens if you run that script. or drag it to a viewport?
              I should run immediately. if it gives an error, in your case because it loads a material library made 2016 it will give an error.

So all you should do is to make a new material library in 2015. add some hdri's and save the material library with the same name. hope it helps

I've just released v1.28
              Last edited by oguzbir; 01-04-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

eline sağlık oğuzbir ama 2015 içinde yapsan daha ii olurdu. diğer pluginlerin cogu yok(kırık olarak) 2016 da ,ondan gecemedi cogu kişi 16-17 ye . fstormun adam gibi bi menusu yok arıyosun 2 saat ısık nerde o nerde bu nerde diye..sinir bozucu.ii düşünmüşün ( i just tell him make it for too in turkish) 2015 ve 2016 da denedim bu uyarıyı verdi
                Attached Files
                Last edited by selim alp yumlu; 01-23-2017, 04:01 PM.

Comment

A georgeus and diferentiative thing would be an automatic "noise optimizer", isn't it? Fstorm already generate an image of noise; it would detect where there are more noise and it would change some parameteres to do an iterative test during X time and would suggest to apply the better parameters to achieve a decent amount of noise (determined by the developer) on the less time possible. If you like it too, you can complete and publish it on the suggestions forum.

Regards!
                  EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB GDDR5 @ 2151MHz || i7 3770 @ 3,7GHz || G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB @ 1600mhz

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post
                    A georgeus and diferentiative thing would be an automatic "noise optimizer", isn't it? Fstorm already generate an image of noise; it would detect where there are more noise and it would change some parameteres to do an iterative test during X time and would suggest to apply the better parameters to achieve a decent amount of noise (determined by the developer) on the less time possible. If you like it too, you can complete and publish it on the suggestions forum.
                    Regards!
                    Miguel I do not understand how is this relevant with my script.

Comment

oguzbir, Hello! Can you add a button, that will select active camera ? For example, if i'm at camera viewport, lets say it will be fstorm_camera_001 viewport, and nothing is selected at scene, or something is selected, it doest matter, and if i want to adjust fstorm_camera_001 setting, then i just press "select active camera" button and it will select it, so i dont need to go at my scene explorer or layer editor, i just press a button and thats it! Button selected active camera and i can make some adjustments with it. What do you think about it ?

Comment

3dkid I'm not sure I follow your question. You can already select the active camera with the button. The button is FstormCam ? Move mouse over it. And it says select active camera.
                        And if you're in a perspective view. Right clicking on the same button creates a fstorm camera from that angle?

Comment

Excuse me, Im just a bit blind Everything works fine, just like you described. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Script doesn't work, "NO "MAP" FUNCTION FOR UNDEFINED" error...

Comment

Script does work. But there are some known bug like errors depending on the scene you're working with.
                              That error mostly happens if you open a scene with an another renderer setup. Like if you open the script in an octane render setup scene u might need to clear the max's environment slot..
                              If you can explain more. I can help more.

Comment

Working...
                              X