What is the best GPU as of now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best GPU as of now?

Knowing that the amount of GPU Memory is more crucial than GPU cores in large scene such as architectural project,

today I saw on amazon that NVIDIA's esla K40 has 12GB.. My question is...Is this card equipped with single RAM or combined one?

Regardless the insanely high price, our team is looking for a GPU card that can handle more than 10GB of textures, and large output. to save out production time.

Does anyone know if K40's 12GB is really 12GB or 2 x 6GB ? Or is there better option out there?

Thanks and apologize for my poor english....

maybe use new quadro M6000 is a good choice, this card has 24GB mem per one core.

Comment

Actually the titan x is the fastest but for memory and speed combined if you have money go for the m6000 and then you wont have to worry about memory at all

Comment

So far my 2gb 940m gpu is hadling all my work. What will happen if it runs out of memory? Crash?

Comment

Someone got to wrote the code to utilize the hardware ram along side with the gpu ram.

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post
            Actually the titan x is the fastest but for memory and speed combined if you have money go for the m6000 and then you wont have to worry about memory at all

Yes I believe even the full fat M6000 is slower in almost all tests (rendering & gamer specific) compared to the more recent consumer/pro-sumer versions. The only difference is that it comes with a whopping 24Gb vram. So unless you are rendering scenes that will gobble up that ram, spending the £5000 buying your own small render farm of pro-sumer cards, would serve you much better.

Comment

Thank you all for your comments..and yeah the big scenes need to be handled by other means than GPU rendering...and I agree with Syrom that someday someone comes up with genius code like Fstorm did..

Comment

Working...
              X