Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for the purchase of a second GTX 1070 card

Hello,

I already own a GTX 1070 MSI GAMING X card, I would like to add a second card GTX 1070, but another brand and cheaper than the first, will the performance be there? I think the Sli is not recommended for GPU calculations with Fstorm? So if I would like to take advantage of this power also for the games, I should always remove the SLI bridge between the two cards during 3D calculations? Or can I disable sli by software?

Hi, you can enable/disable SLI via the NVidia settings panel (rightclick from desktop).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	7719
    Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
    Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Thanks Sylk for the answer.

Another thing, the fact that I own an I7 5820K with 28 PCI Express lines, I could only have the current 16X card on the PCI-Express 3.0 port and the second 8X on the 2nd PCI Express port. Will this be felt in 3D calculations as well as a sli for games? The fact of this difference of port between the two cards will hinder me the performance of the latter?
      Last edited by goldorak; 12-05-2016, 09:24 PM.

Comment

i have this one, excellent card and cheapest https://www.uzishop.hr/nvidia-gpu/85...1070&results=9

Comment

Originally posted by goldorak View Post
          Thanks Sylk for the answer.

Another thing, the fact that I own an I7 5820K with 28 PCI Express lines, I could only have the current 16X card on the PCI-Express 3.0 port and the second 8X on the 2nd PCI Express port. Will this be felt in 3D calculations as well as a sli for games? The fact of this difference of port between the two cards will hinder me the performance of the latter?
          No there wont be any problems with rendering, but for SLI gaming, it requires x16 or x8, so if u go for a third card, u will benefit from SLI only from first 2 cards, /a friend of mine is going for 3 cards with i7 4790k 16 PCIE lanes, his cards will run at x8x4x4 and thats totally fine for rendering. The only slow is felt when you load the scene into the render (but its a few seconds so its ok)

Comment

Ok thank you for your information, so there will be no problem with 2 cards, one in 16X and the other in 8X for rendering, I will take advantage of the power of the 2 cards for the calculation GPU without the port is cluttered ? And for the game, with 2 cards I will also take advantage of the power of the 2 cards then? There is no big difference between the 16X and the 8X? Thank you in advance for your comments.

Comment

Working...
            X