Altus denoiser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altus denoiser

i would like to know if this is in fstorm, i want to later buy altus but i am checking if all is there
    Attached Files

I'm still requesting an integrated denoising solution
    FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by RobSteady View Post
      I'm still requesting an integrated denoising solution
      it stil wont maybe be as good as altus if they do make one, altus does on this so they are way more advanced than the denoiser in vray and corona

Comment

for animation I use DE-Noise form REVisionFX, it doesn't kill to much details

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post

it stil wont maybe be as good as altus if they do make one, altus does on this so they are way more advanced than the denoiser in vray and corona
          What is this statement based on? I've tested the denoiser in Corona and it does a really good job.
          GPU support in Altus sounds intereresting though
          Last edited by RobSteady; 12-17-2016, 05:53 PM.

Comment

What is this statement based on? I've tested the denoiser in Corona and it does a really good job.
            GPU support in Altus sounds intereresting though
            give altus a test and compare it to the corona denoiser you will see the difference

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post

give altus a test and compare it to the corona denoiser you will see the difference
              Since you seem to have done it, can you post some comparison images up here?

These examples here are very convincing to me:
              http://www.recentspaces.com/blog/201...ng-comparisons

Rendering out two different beauty passes + multiple info channels and then use another software to calculate a denoised image seems also like a long-wided process.
              Single click solution from Corona is much more convenient.

Comment

these tests done with corona that i did was awhile now, and this one you posted is basically nothing, i can same result in photoshop, with alot more noise altus and give the same image, when corona can do this let me know https://www.innobright.com/

Comment

well I have not tested Altus, but the denoiser from REVisionFX feels better to me than the corona

Comment

All Denoisers from Altus to V-Ray to Corona work in a similar way and use information from info channels (normals, albedo...) to calculate noise levels and preserve details (well, kind of) this way.
                    All other denoising solutions (Nik DFine, RE:Vision, Neat Image, Photoshop, Noise Ninja) are strictly 2d processes.

The nice thing about V-Ray and Corona is that you don't need to buy extra software because they are integrated. At least for Corona I can say the process is dead easy.
                    With Altus you need to save two different beauty passes plus five render channels for each.
                    Last edited by RobSteady; 12-17-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

All Denoisers from Altus to V-Ray to Corona work in a similar way and use information from info channels (normals, albedo...) to calculate noise levels and preserve details (well, kind of) this way.
                      All other denoising solutions (Nik DFine, RE:Vision, Neat Image, Noise Ninja) are strictly 2d processes.
                      yes I know it makes no sense, re:vision just can't access a lot of information that corona have, not magic here, maybe they're using a different algorithm or something?, I don't really know but it feels like it can take a lot more of noise and still looks crispier than corona, maybe all is they're using some after sharpen filter or something, but any way give it a shoot if you can

now, the noise type matters too (for RE:Vision), for example my Vray do not have noise reduction, and I need a lot more of clearance in VR output to be able to get a smooth flicking free result keeping the same amount of details in comparison with Fstorm

Comment

I would still appreciate an integrated solution to get rid of the last amount of noise that is very hard to clean up in a decent amount of time (even on a high end quad 1080 setup). The crucial point are interiors with white walls.
                        And I'm talking about 5k final res images which is standard for us.
                        Last edited by RobSteady; 12-17-2016, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Based on the test I made at collegues studio.. Altus needs massive amount of memory. So I tried to use it for large render outputs like 8K or 10K renders.
                          32gb system memory wasnt enough. and I couldnt test with gpu because it crashed i think because of vram not enough error.. for small resolution images it's very fast with gpu

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
                            Based on the test I made at collegues studio.. Altus needs massive amount of memory. So I tried to use it for large render outputs like 8K or 10K renders.
                            32gb system memory wasnt enough. and I couldnt test with gpu because it crashed i think because of vram not enough error.. for small resolution images it's very fast with gpu
                            I think a gpu based, integrated solution would be the best.
                            Sure, you probably will loose some details here and there - but just to have an optional backup to get rid of noise that is difficult to clean up would be great.

Comment

if we can have a integrated solution that would be awesome but it took others months to do it, so i think with karba working on elements now it wont be possible so easy so for now i would chose something as altus to fill the gap

Comment

Working...
                              X