Learning FStorm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Learning FStorm

Can you professionals share some tips and tricks in doing materials and settings used in your renders in FStorm? I saw today that some guy was asking same and since Im pretty new to this scene too Id like to see some of the tricks you use if its not top secret. Thank you in advace.

i think there is not much right now on this, but by messing around you can get the hang of it, if your coming from other renderers that is

Comment

• Filip_D
      Filip_D commented
      Editing a comment
      I wish I came from other renderers. I'm still learning and I choose Fstorm to begin with I can say.

Learning FStorm I used 1 day,I'm feel fstorm render is a very simple and easily software....

Comment

• Filip_D
      Filip_D commented
      Editing a comment
      Im doing alot of experimenting and everything but my lack of expirience with all 3d render softwares is giving me a hard time getting to know what and where thats why. I know this is not easily possible but tutorials like the one Johanes made is very important and good for me. Just hoping to see more like that.

Im on day 3. I can finally do metals materials. But havent figured out why fstorm noise or ANY bump map wont show up.

Comment

Hi,
      If you want to learn fstorm, go to the corona learning page. I know it s not fstorm but all the principle are the same.

https://corona-renderer.com/resources/tutorials/

Try the third video on basic materials with fstorm of course.

Comment

kahein.. i saw the video and it was informative! I am wondering about the anisotropic on fstorm. Does it have it or not? Is the ANGLE on the reflecton box the one?

Comment

Bumpmap seems to do the trick for anisotropic reflections (as Karba already mentioned in one of the threads on this forum).

Geometry needs quite some subdivision to get rid of visible tesselation in my case though.

Comment

Oh ok. Maybe anisotropic gets implemented.

Comment

Working...
            X