X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corona 1.5 Released

That Light Mixer ...
    FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Seriously impressive, Ondra and co are really bringing the fight on the CPU front!
    Another massive winner is fixing the glossiness range for PBR workflow, that is already enough for me to return to Corona for more complex non GPU jobs!
    The distance map is awesome too.....ooooh and filmic tone mapping!
    Last edited by Zealous; 10-11-2016, 07:04 AM.

Comment

they're out of the ligue in the cpu market.

Comment

single best thing about Corona vs other renderers is it's speed of initial usable image/preview (without having to wait for global illumination calculation to finish)

that's why I also like gpu renderers >> Fstorm

with the latest release the feature set/optimizations got even better (simplifying/speeding up workflow) but on the other hand nothing out of ordinary that can't be achieved with other render engines or tools already

Comment

• RobSteady
          RobSteady commented
          Editing a comment
          Not really. Progressive Rendering is featured most engines today; from Maxwell (one of the first? And yes, it's slow) to V-Ray to Arnold.

• adams
          adams commented
          Editing a comment
          Totally, one of the first things that hooked me on Corona early on was it's super fast look-dev, being a Vray user 10 yrs it was a breath of fresh air (no Vray RT is different - Corona being a ground up RT production engine, as with FS).
      Working...
      X