WTB Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Help

Yesterday I bought a new PSU so i can plug-in my old GTX 760 and use it for monitor, because i wanted to free up the GTX 1080. When i turned on the PC first time there wasn't any problems, but after that whenever i start it i get some kind of error or warning that "nVidia graphics card not installed correctly. The SLI connector is attached to the SYNC/SDI finger on the graphics card." and it tells me to shut down.
    2 weeks ago while still having the old PSU i plugged my old old GT 630 only to see how the 1080 will handle the rendering when its free and i didn't get any type of error/warning like this one.

Assuming you have now got a higher wattage psu, you should reinstall your new psu. Reinstall your cards.
    Check everything, connections mate correctly, including gfx card to pci-e slots . Don't use any sli bridges.
    Try using different rail for the 1080.

Comment

Thing is, i didn't install the PSU. The tech guys from where i bought my last 3 PC's did.I, of course, ran the PC there when they finished installing the new PSU and added the gtx 760 there because i brought it with myself to make sure everything would be ok. There was no errors even tho we restarted the PC 5 or 6 times, and then, when i got home and connected everything to the pc, the problem showed up.. I'll probably give them a call tomorrow and see what they say about it :S

Comment

I think you should uninstall your gpu driver in safemode with DDU and install the latest version. Doesn't sound like a hardware issue to me.

Comment

Btw you need also the windows threshold update to run the gtx10xx series. So do also a manual Windows Update if you are not sure.

Comment

Working...
        X