Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titan X Pascal vs GTX 1070

Want to consult a TITAN X PASCAL is faster than 1070? thank you

the titan xp is faster but looking to the benchmark render times and the price difference I would pic the 1070 any time, another thing is the ram you need, if your renders won't fix in the 8gb vram of the 1070, maybe the 12 gb titan is a better option

Comment

i got a titan xp for my home office and im very happy with it @ work i got an 1080 and it didnt fit my needs for many outdoor scenes especially with many diffrent trees and big textures

Comment

Consider you will never be able to use the full 8gb from 1070 / 1080. You end up use maximum of 7gb. So I guess things will be the same with Titan cards, not 12gb but around 10.5-11gb?

Comment

• antonyebl
          antonyebl commented
          Editing a comment
          if really necessary you can run screen/viewport on integrated graphics (chipset/cpu permitting) and use dedicated card just for rendering...

• m17a4y
          m17a4y commented
          Editing a comment
          Right now, running my monitor on my old gt 630 just for this case, to set free the 1080, still i get max 7gb free :S

Thank you very much

Comment

Want to buy a computer, can give a suitable for the preparation of the FS?

Comment

well if money wasn't a problem I would probably go with an x99 board with the maximum amount of pcix 16 slots (not that confident to go server way by myself ), and teslas p40 to try to avoid future memory issues... it depends of your budget and the kind of renders you will be doing, some people here need enormous amount of v-ram, in my case and working with v-ray with zero resources optimization we run on very low loads of ram, most of the times well below 40% of the ram in the PCs so right now I don't feel the need of those 24 gb, but can see how even that is insufficient for some one else
            I do NOT have a 1070 nor a Titan XP, but believing the times in the benchmark scene posted here and considering its price, I would go for a GTX 1070 or multiple GTX 1070, if you know that ~7 or 8gb won't cut it for you, minimum you have to jump for the Titan
            Last edited by Iskánder ivp87; 11-25-2016, 03:57 PM. Reason: my bad english!

Comment

@m17a4y Win7 users dont see that vram memory drop I think. Only Win10.

Comment

(win7 here)
                Anyway I spoke with Karba about it, and he said he fixed some issues with gpu ram management and we should wait for a new release
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
                  @m17a4y Win7 users dont see that vram memory drop I think. Only Win10.
                  o we see it

Comment

maybe could it be a pascal related issue? with Windows 8.1 Enterprise, Max 2015 ext 2 and a 960(maxwell) 4gb the memory consumption has been ok

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post
                      o we see it
                      Wow is this really a fact?. I was thinking about switching from win10 to win7 to overcome this problem. Damm!

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
                        Wow is this really a fact?. I was thinking about switching from win10 to win7 to overcome this problem. Damm!
                        from what i heard though windows 10 uses alot more than 7 but stil 7 has its own issues

Comment

To free some VRam under Win10: Save these lines in a txt file, change .txt to .bat and run it as admin. reRun it sometimes, especially before rendering.

Code:
                          taskkill /im ApplicationFrameHost.exe /f
                          taskkill /im ShellExperienceHost.exe /f
                          taskkill /im dwm.exe /f
                          Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
                          Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Thanks. I tried it.
                            main display card was using 6800 MB when ran it. reduced to 6.704 MB ( not while rendering. 3 max instances and photoshop open with 10Kx10K psd image.
                            Other secondary and third card was allocated 1600 and 1800MB already . the script did not affect them. For your info..

Comment

Working...
                            X