Forest Pack influencing another Forest Pack results in crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forest Pack influencing another Forest Pack results in crash

I you use another Forest Pack object inside a Forest Pack object to exclude or include other scattered objects with, FStorm crashes during the scatter phase when preparing the scene for rendering. This is critical for procedurally creating believable biomes (scattering fallen branches and leaves around trees, scattering smaller trees around bigger ones, scattering smaller rocks around larger etc.

3ds Max 2023.2.2, FStorm 1.5.1e

Hi. I am not sure it is FStorm related. Probably the issue is in FP generation, not FStorm.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
      Hi. I am not sure it is FStorm related. Probably the issue is in FP generation, not FStorm.
      Sorry for late reply, I'm not checking the forums all that often.
      I've used this technique in both V-Ray and Redshift without problem earlier. And just to make sure it wasn't a bug in my version of Forest Pack I just did it with Redshift. Switching over to FStorm for the exact same scene (I just apply FStorm materials to everything), it crashes instantly on the "Scatter Calculation" phase.

And while on the subject of Forest Pack, it would be great to be able to use the Edge mode in "Boundary Checking" for Areas. Accoring to Itoosoft, if they don't have access to an SDK, they can't do anything about it, so it's up to the developer of the renderer to implement such functions.

Comment

Working...
      X