Fstorm Light

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fstorm Light

If you use a fstorm light with target mode and turn it later off, the position coordinates to the origin point get lost. The last position is then 0 | 0 | 0 instead of the "real" position to the origin point.
    Last edited by deC9r; 09-21-2016, 09:24 AM.

Originally posted by deC9r View Post
    If you use an fstorm light with target mode and turn it later off, the position coordinates to the origin point get lost. The last position is then 0 | 0 | 0 instead of the "real" position to the origin point.
    what 3ds max version do you use? 2017?

Comment

In fact its weird, at reOn, target position is "restored" to previous (target to origin but light looks to previous target position), but when you move light, target is updated and reset to origin (and light is reorient to target to origin) and if moving target, it jump to another position (light follows target).

And wow!... by undo operation, previous target positions are wrong, but more serious, a target clone (to origin) is appeared, same name... see pic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sans-titre-1.png
Views:	1
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	3891

It looks like missing viewport refreshments/updates after executing functions.
      Last edited by Sylk; 09-21-2016, 12:01 AM.
      Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
      Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

I'm using 3ds max 2016.

Comment

Not ended. When i undo this cloning, clone desappears, but if i redo... 2 clones appears (the deleted + new clone), and it add new clone for each undo/redo operation :s

Edit: another bug, target is missing when creating light w/ target checked (it's just non targeted light)
          Last edited by Sylk; 09-21-2016, 10:46 AM.
          Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
          Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Making vid to show you these crazy behaviors: Same for FSCamera, except targeted creation works but no targeted creation creates target anyway.

MAX 2017
            FS 0.2.6
            Drivers 372.70
            WIN 10
            Last edited by Sylk; 09-21-2016, 03:45 PM.

Comment

I see. 3ds max targeting system is a pain. Even VRay light crashed 3ds max when I did some tests.
              I will check it.

Comment

Thanks.

It's less worse with SunLight but also impacted (target cloning)

Comment

Actually the light "size" input field is its radius, so the real light size is equal to 2x the input size.

Two solutions
                  - Rename size to radius
                  or
                  - Multiply input value by 2 (to show 1m instead 0.5m)

I prefer the second one.

Also with Sphere and Disk shapes "size y" should be disabled.

Thanks for all
                  Last edited by Sylk; 09-23-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post
                    Actually the light "size" input field is its radius, so the real light size is equal to 2x the input size.

Two solutions
                    - Rename size to radius
                    or
                    - Multiply input value by 2 (to show 1m instead 0.5m)

I prefer the second one.

Also with Sphere and Disk shapes "size y" should be disabled.

Thanks for all
                    There reason is
                    When you switch between plane and disk, the size stays the same. I would rename size to half size/radius.

Comment

Working...
                    X