X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitmap wont reload after changed in PS

Hi,
    its not a big issue, but anyways, here's how situation looks right now:

i have an object with fstorm material and fstorm bitmap.
    I changed map in Photoshop and save with the same name (ovewrite old file)
    After that when i rendered - nothing changed, so a i thougt it needs to be reloaded, thers no button for that so i tried reassign bitmap, still old map showing and rendering, so i tried assign another bitmap and then again correct one, but no luck.

As i said before. not a big issue, but maybe a reload button would help?

Best regards
    Mark

Map Preview isn't refresh but Render correctly use image file and render it.

Be sure overwrite the good file.
    Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
    Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

thx for reply, but as i wrote - as i rendered it came out with old texture

Comment

You have to select bitmap one more time to update it for now. I will try to implement a better solution.

Comment

thx for response, its not a big thing

Comment

Originally posted by quadysz View Post
            thx for reply, but as i wrote - as i rendered it came out with old texture
            i know, but my RT tests works fine for me
            Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
            Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post

i know, but my RT tests works fine for me
              the funny thing is i couldnt reproduce this in other scenes, and it works just fine
              You dont have to do anything after overwriting old texture, during render it just updates itself (as it should )

Comment

So, are you sure the material/map you see is the material/map you change?

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post
                  So, are you sure the material/map you see is the material/map you change?
                  You mean within this "bug situation" or normal?

anyways, normally i didint have had any issues, when this strange thing occured it looked like this:

object has xxx.jpg difuse fstorm bitmap, it is correctly visible in viewport,
                  i open PS and change the bitmap,
                  save with the same name and overwrite,
                  dont quite bother right now about viewport, just click render - it renders old bitmap.
                  So i go and reasign map one more time - click render - old bitmat, on redner as in viewport,
                  so i assigned another bitmap, and after that - again xxx.jpg - no change (maybe i should click render after changing to different bitmat so it would reload bitmap 100%)
                  and thats all

this was one time situation so far, not a big deal but thanks for answering

Comment

You right.

Render reload correctly bitmap when replaced from explorer (different clusters) but not from photoshop (same clusters)

Anyway, Click the Filename button and "open" do what a Reload button do.

Comment

http://www.fstormrender.ru/forum/for...3ds-max-v0-3-7
                      use 0.3.7
                      it has reload button

Comment

great, thx!

Comment

bitmap refresh in the latest version seems to not work, it wont refresh in the view port

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post
                            bitmap refresh in the latest version seems to not work, it wont refresh in the view port
                            I have fixed one more bug which may affect this issue. Wait for a new release.

Comment

• mitviz
                              mitviz commented
                              Editing a comment
                              nice! thanks!
                          Working...
                          X