Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: FStormGradient and FStorm Proxy

Hey guys, just reporting two repeatable bugs:

1) FStormGradient - If you click on one of the color tabs. Pick a color or just close your color picker. Then double click on it again, max crashes. Even in an empty scene.

2) FStormProxy - If you merge an FStorm Proxy in from a scene that is in a different unit system (root, not display) than yours, it comes in at the wrong scale. For example if you have a scene in cm and you merge in a 1m x 1m x 1m box from a scene that is in mm or inches, it still comes in at the right scale. If you make that box into an FStormProxy and then merge it in, it comes in at the wrong scale. This can be verified by making a box in a scene with one unit system, copying it and converting it into a proxy, and then merging both the original box and the proxy box into a scene with different units. The box will be the right scale, the proxy will not.
    mike golden | www.threemarks.com | Max 2014 | Dual Xeon E5-2687Wv3 | Dual GTX 1080

1) What FStorm version do you use?
    2) It is known issue. You can use scale parameter for fast rescale. I will fix it in the future.

Comment

Hey Karba, I am running v0.3.8a, as I'm in the US and so cant upgrade yet. As for the scale issue, that's exactly what I've been doing. I've been merging in both objects, scaling the proxy to match, then deleting the original mesh. Thanks for all the hard work. Looking forward to the upgrade.
      mike golden | www.threemarks.com | Max 2014 | Dual Xeon E5-2687Wv3 | Dual GTX 1080

Comment

I can't reproduce the issue with FStormGradient.
        Do you use slate or compact material editor?

So what is the order?
        1) You create FStorm material, put FStormGradient to diffuse slot
        2) Then create a new color tab (or use existing ones left or right?)
        3) double click on it once to popup color picker
        4) select a color in color picker or just close it
        5) double click on the same color tab (or another one?) and it crashes?

Comment

I haven't tested this with Slate, as I typically work with the compact editor for all but particularly complicated materials. The steps are exactly as you listed, regardless of whether you click on an existing tab, or create a new one, and it always seems to be the second time you select / create one.

When you said you couldn't re-create the error, I just realized that it may be because I use the custom color picker CoolPicker. (http://www.maxplugins.de/max2012.php...6sort%3DAuthor)

I switched to the default picker, and couldn't recreate the crash no matter how much I clicked around the gradient. Switched the picker back to CoolPicker and double-clicked, and crash. So I'm guessing that is some sort of glitch with CoolPicker rather than with FStormGradient.

Thank you for checking for me. If I dig into the Coolpicker code and make any progress at all, I will post an update. But otherwise, I'll just switch pickers when I work with Gradients.

Comment

USA should be available for purchasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
              USA should be available for purchasing.
              Already purchased. Really loving FStorm, Karba . Keep up the awesome work. Any chance you are working on a suite of keyboard shortcuts, that we can start mapping? Basic things like 'run RT mode', do scene conversion, etc? Or making a doc with some maxscript language?

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeMarks View Post

Already purchased. Really loving FStorm, Karba . Keep up the awesome work. Any chance you are working on a suite of keyboard shortcuts, that we can start mapping? Basic things like 'run RT mode', do scene conversion, etc? Or making a doc with some maxscript language?
                Use Customize User Interface
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post

Use Customize User Interface
                  Oh, wow. Somehow totally missed that first pulldown. Thank you. But for some reason, it won't let me assign any hotkeys to that. any ideas?

Comment

me too! assigning keys now

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeMarks View Post
                      But for some reason, it won't let me assign any hotkeys to that. any ideas?
                      Via the Keyboard tab only.
                      Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
                      Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X