matte shadow problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• matte shadow problems

ok i notice when using the matte shadow option is on alot more colors that were not there from my hdri used now turn up in my highlites, not a huge problem but i had to render the scene out twice to get only the shadows because the client didnt like this, see the attached, not sure if this is supposed to happen this way or am doing something wrong, either way its a god send, you can see the effect on the far right monitor, i have another scene where it looks much different where colors are turning up all along my chair edge for the metals
    Attached Files

You have to paint bottom part of the hdri with black color. matte material doesn't block the light from bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
      You have to paint bottom part of the hdri with black color. matte material doesn't block the light from bottom.
      its a room hdri, so its the light coming from the windows this one http://masteringcgi.com.au/product/a...2015-interior/, any approach to dealing with this one?

Comment

Just paint bottom part of the hdri with black.

Comment

Tips for a consistent compositing :
          - ground is your ground plane, let say z=0. Turn visible to camera off and cast shadow off => block light from above and visible in reflection / refraction / no need to modify your hdr file.
          - shadow catcher is just above the ground (z = 0 - ray threshold - epsilon) matte material => will catch shadow

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post

its a room hdri, so its the light coming from the windows this one http://masteringcgi.com.au/product/a...2015-interior/, any approach to dealing with this one?
            The issue is fixed, wait for a new release.

Comment

woohhooo, i have been using it alot on this new project

Comment

Working...
              X