Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texture slot for Absorption and Scattering

Hi Andrey,

As the title says, I would like to request a texture slot for the Absorption and Scattering settings. Working on a project where I need it and encountered this with some other projects as well where it would have been nice to have. I now use a mixMat node to create a gradient material but it gives more control if I can add a gradient material with multiple colors.

btw thanks for the update! A simple scene now renders twice as fast!! Well done!

-Joep

The main problem is absorption and scattering have 3d volume nature, but all textures set colors by 2d surface. There is no way to go there without some kind of approximations from 2d surface to 3d volume.

Comment

Ah oke, I thought this should be possible because I used this in corona back when I was still using it. That absorption channel has a texture map option.

I can get the desired effect by using a Mixmat material. This will only blend two colors together but if that can work then more colors should also be possible, right? But doing it manually with multiple Mixmats will be hard or impossible. Anyway, it would be nice to have but not very important. If it's possible but will take a lot of time to implement then don't bother

Comment

Hi Karba, Maybe it could be works like a simple texture colors (pixels colors) projection through the 3d volume, from the distance* to a setable direction, to colorize "volume particles". Like a filter/shadow mask between light source and volume core.

*Or from volume center to the distance.
        Last edited by Sylk; 01-28-2022, 07:35 PM.
        Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
        Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

That would probably be the most logical to do it, just project the texture straight through and get the volume information that way.

Comment

Working...
          X