Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map overrides material appearance in viewport

Hi Andrey,

A small request. Can you make it so that if a texture map is added to a light emitting material and the map is set to Show In Viewport, it overrides the completely white appearance? It's very unhandy when you have a gradient applied to an emitter and you want to position it correctly but you have to go into the material and switch off the emitter, move the map, turn in back on to see what it looks like in the render window.

Same request for metallic materials. When you have a lot of metal objects in your scene it's very hard to distinguish the parts and navigate your model. This goes for product visuals be also for interiors. When you have a lot of metallic materials where you need to turn off the Diffuse layer the material goes to completely black in the viewport and that just makes for one big black model, even with wireframe turned on it's hard to navigate sometimes. So it would be nice of those metallic materials could keep their diffuse color in the viewport but not show in the render.

Hope you can adjust this.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Joep

Hi

1) Regarding emission material:
    So, you use a texture for emission and want to see it in viewport? If so, just set emission color to black (it doesn't affect render because you use a texture anyway) and use show texture in viewport.
    2) Regarding metal material:
    Show reflection texture in viewport works for me, nothing black, just texture. So I am not sure what the problem is.

Comment

Hi

1. Thanks for the tip, I never noticed the texture map became visible when the color was set to black. I guess I always set it to white to see what the light looks like and later add a texture, so I never noticed this.
      2. I'm not talking about a texture for this one. I just mean that shaders with a black diffuse color (or 0 on the diffuse value) show up as a black silhouette in the viewport. If this would be a dark grey or a white that would be much better because those colors have shading in the viewport. I guess turning on Object Color (under Display) in the viewport is an option but I'd rather have control over the color it has in the material editor so I don't have to switch all the time between textured shading or just colored shading.

Comment

Working...
      X