Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can we finally get a caustics solver like octane render 2022 has?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can we finally get a caustics solver like octane render 2022 has?

can we finally get a caustics solver like octane render 2022 has with their new photon tracer then fstorm will finally be the GOAT!

Sorry, no plans for caustic.

Comment

I would really love to see a caustic solver as well. I had client who requested it and I had to do a seperate caustic render with corona and combine it in post.. not ideal at all

Comment

Originally posted by Tok Tok View Post
        I would really love to see a caustic solver as well. I had client who requested it and I had to do a seperate caustic render with corona and combine it in post.. not ideal at all
        Caustics and UDIM support are the only two things stopping me from using FStorm. Other than that, it's one of the best renderers I've ever used. Really sad that Dev isn't planning on developing these features.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
          Sorry, no plans for caustic.
          Hi Karba
          Why so much aversion to this feature when everyone agrees that it should be a priority? I don't understand.
          Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
          Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

+1
            caustics are really missing for the realism of many CG scenes (architectural, still life, automotive... ). That would me my "most wanted" feature too !

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post

Hi Karba
              Why so much aversion to this feature when everyone agrees that it should be a priority? I don't understand.
              Caustics is notoriously hard to solve
              Last edited by Tok Tok; 01-11-2024, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok Tok View Post

Caustics is notoriously hard to solve
                There are solutions nowadays....it´s not rocket science anymore.
                I´m also missing Caustics in FStorm very much. FStorm is great but to deliver super realism (and that´s the goal) Caustics are a must, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                X