Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sun off on hide

Hi Andrey,

I'm using state sets to setup my camera's and I noticed that the Sun turning on and off is not recorded in the states. It should be able to do that because I've seen video's doing it with other renderers. Can this be fixed?

Thanks!

Best,
    Joep

I now noticed that maps change in the environment settings also don't work. Value's do change but switching HDRI's does not work unfortunately.

Comment

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with states, so can't say much.

Comment

Does this mean you will look at it, or is this not fixable atm? I've tried to use Pulze's scene manager but it so full of bugs it's not usable. State Sets actually works very well but it takes a bit longer to setup.

For some scenes I use a different sun per camera but hiding one of these does not make them turn off. Otherwise I would be albe to hide the suns I don't want and the one that I need would be active because it's visible. For me it makes total sense if the sun that is visible is the one that is emitting light, not a sun that's hidden. This would also fix my problem. But it wouldn't fix the different HDRI's I sometimes use.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok Tok View Post
          Does this mean you will look at it, or is this not fixable atm? I've tried to use Pulze's scene manager but it so full of bugs it's not usable. State Sets actually works very well but it takes a bit longer to setup.

For some scenes I use a different sun per camera but hiding one of these does not make them turn off. Otherwise I would be albe to hide the suns I don't want and the one that I need would be active because it's visible. For me it makes total sense if the sun that is visible is the one that is emitting light, not a sun that's hidden. This would also fix my problem. But it wouldn't fix the different HDRI's I sometimes use.
          Btw, what fstorm version do you use?

Comment

For my main workstation I'm on 1.5.4d, my other computer is on 1.5.3g. Both versions don't work with this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tok Tok View Post
              For my main workstation I'm on 1.5.4d, my other computer is on 1.5.3g. Both versions don't work with this.
              Could you please try 1.5.5E? I did some extra access to some fstorm objects parameters. It may help.

Comment

Working...
              X