Feature Request

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature Request

- Normal maps + and a link explaining the difference http://blog.digitaltutors.com/bump-n...lacement-maps/
    - Caustics
    - Light Linking
    - AOV's

- Blender support

Originally posted by 00Ghz View Post
    - Normal maps + and a link explaining the difference http://blog.digitaltutors.com/bump-n...lacement-maps/
    - Caustics
    - Light Linking
    - AOV's

- Blender support
    Caustic and normal maps are not going to be implemented soon.
    FStorm has specific bump calculation based in height like displacement which doesn't allow easy normal maps implementation.
    Caustic requires MLT which has many weak points.
    What is Light Linking and AOV's?

Comment

I can survive without normals for a while. How is your implementation of the bump better, why did you do it that way?
      Caustics are really needed unfortunately.

Light linking: Let’s say we got 2 objects and one light. I can select a light and choose one of the objects and select where it should not influence something. Like a light not casting shadows on object A & B, or not showing up in reflections etc. I can do this for any nr of light and any nr of objects. Hope it makes sense. I am aware it’s not like in real world but it’s very useful for compositing work and previewing such results live.

AOV: http://joomla.renderwiki.com/joomla/...article&id=257

Also do you support custom Fresnel curves?

Comment

Check out the Falloff shader, it has a custom Fresnel curve, similar to Mental rays one.

Comment

I can survive without normals for a while. How is your implementation of the bump better, why did you do it that way?
          Caustics are really needed unfortunately.

Light linking: Let’s say we got 2 objects and one light. I can select a light and choose one of the objects and select where it should not influence something. Like a light not casting shadows on object A & B, or not showing up in reflections etc. I can do this for any nr of light and any nr of objects. Hope it makes sense. I am aware it’s not like in real world but it’s very useful for compositing work and previewing such results live.

AOV: http://joomla.renderwiki.com/joomla/...article&id=257

FStorm bump mapping stays always sharp no matter what distance or viewing angle.
          Are you talking about include/exclude option a light source? This kind of thing is hard to realise on GPU. maybe I will find a good way.
          Regarding falloff - yep FStorm Falloff texture should be the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post

FStorm bump mapping stays always sharp no matter what distance or viewing angle.
            Are you talking about include/exclude option a light source? This kind of thing is hard to realise on GPU. maybe I will find a good way.
            "Are you talking about include/exclude option a light source?" Yes but not limited to that. I can also limit the influence of a light source to shadows only, or diffuse or reflections only for example. Or combinations of them.

Also back to normal maps. Why don’t you just add the option to disable your bump method and switch to the normal map code. It’s like loading a different feature in the render kernel while disabling another. It should make users who need normal maps happy even if it’s not the ideal solution when you can use both at once.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post

Hi, Karba. The lights include/exclude list is a really important feature for me when setting up some scenes for rendering with Fstorm. Sometimes I can't achieve what I want without using this feature and it's a pity it's still missing. Do you think you can implement this in the near future? I see that the Vray guys were able to implement it successfully - Here it says that Vray RT supports lights include/exclude (scroll down to the bottom of the table).

Comment

Originally posted by firzen View Post

Hi, Karba. The lights include/exclude list is a really important feature for me when setting up some scenes for rendering with Fstorm. Sometimes I can't achieve what I want without using this feature and it's a pity it's still missing. Do you think you can implement this in the near future? I see that the Vray guys were able to implement it successfully - Here it says that Vray RT supports lights include/exclude (scroll down to the bottom of the table).
                May be I will find some solution.
                I am working on render elements at the moment.

Comment

Awesome, looking forward!

Comment

Working...
                  X