HDR light studio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDR light studio

I hope there will be a link with HDR light Studio as soon as possible when 1.0 will be out, it's a great tool for design rendering.

I think a link is not necessary. Only the option to use an HDR in a normal bitmap used in the environment slot. Just as every other render.

Comment

Originally posted by shaka_dg View Post
      I think a link is not necessary. Only the option to use an HDR in a normal bitmap used in the environment slot. Just as every other render.
      ​But a link would be nice for realtime updates and area light support. I use HDR Studio on a daily basis for lighting VFX shots.

Comment

Could you give me some links how it works?

Comment

• deC9r
          deC9r commented
          Editing a comment
          https://www.lightmap.co.uk/hdrlightstudio/

It's basically an external programm to create hdr environmentmaps, while it can also swap models / environmentmaps from 3ds max to hdrlightstudio via the link.
          Last edited by deC9r; 08-24-2016, 02:45 PM.

When you modify something in Lightmap, it creates a temp.hdr and apply it automaticaly in the environnement.
        Per exemple in Octane, you must link a environnement node in the max's env with a RGB image node.

Comment

I will try to do auto update fstorm bitmap texture if the image file got modified.

Comment

The thing is that HDRLIGHT studio need to hook a map from the MAX ENVIRONMENT slot. it will not work using the FStorm environment.

Comment

+1 for a link with Fstorm, It will be a joy to work with.

Comment

Also, I'm not sure if HDRLIGHT studio will work correctly with fstormbitmaps. I believe it will work with standard bitmaps.

Comment

To start the link, HDR Lightmap first verify that the current renderer is compatible.

Comment

I'd love this compatibility. At Logitech we use this on every project and it's the only thing stopping us from using FStorm at the moment.
                    We're constantly changing between Octane & Vray but both are frustrating in their own ways.

I've emailed Lightmap to see if there's anything in the works.

Watching this space closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
                      I will try to do auto update fstorm bitmap texture if the image file got modified.
                      was just about to request that!

Comment

Working...
                      X