RGB Separation for VertexColor map

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGB Separation for VertexColor map

i couldnt find any map in fstorm to separate RGB value , 3dsmax vertex color have this option by default , it will be very useful when you want to use vertex color as mask.

thanks

You can use fstorm mix texture for mixing fstorm vertex color and any other texture or color.

Comment

No , its not about mixing , for example i made a vertex color for my object , and it have RGB value , i want to mask material by that vertex color , metal for Red area , white for green , and a self illumination material for blue area , i cant separate that in fstorm output and fsotrm vertex color because there is no control for RGB value separately

Comment

I see what you mean. what you can do, is put vertex color to fstorm color correction texture and set red or green or blue filter, set saturation to zero and you should get your channel.

Comment

no its not working like this , it need to change green/blue value to zero , when you want to get only red channel ,

Comment

any suggestion ?

Comment

Unfortunately not.
              FStorm works in different color space, not RGB.
              I am not sure you can split rgb channels properly.
              you can use different grey scale masks and fstorm bitmap in mono (gray scale) type. Then you will save gpu memory.

Comment

Working...
              X