Render Element Mask

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Render Element Mask

Instead of having a unique color for FStorm material Render Elements would it be possible to output a black and white mask with the name of this material?

For example, a material named Brick will output a single black/white Render Element.
    So when the render is finished you will end up with black/white elements for brick, glass, concrete, metal - ready to drop into Photoshop as a mask.
    FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

lol i have the same prob. i try to convert all outputs to alpha for maskin in ps.

Comment

Imagine average scene has more than 50 materials, then you get 50 images for every material.

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
        Imagine average scene has more than 50 materials, then you get 50 images for every material.
        I didn't mean for every scene material: a little checkbox inside of the material "Render Mask" or so would be just perfect.
        Karba Is that possible?

This way you get clean masks for the materials you wish, ready to drag n drop - avoiding time consuming and unclean selections in Photoshop.
        Last edited by RobSteady; 01-26-2017, 06:24 AM.
        FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

This is a pretty complex task. You can use some script to set white color for material mask for a single material and black for the rest and do material element rendering.

Comment

I need this render element too. There is a mask element in Corona called "CMasking_Mask" https://corona-renderer.com/wiki/render_elements
            Karba told me that it can be implemented in future, but right now there is no time for it.

Soon I will write simple script for this task and post it here and in Scripts Sub-Forum.
            Last edited by nik.gushchin@gmail.com; 05-12-2017, 06:53 PM.

Comment

I wrote a simple script to make this task a little easier. If you want to say something about it, please comment in script Topic.

https://fstormrender.com/forum/forum/...-material-mask

Comment

Working...
              X