Working with high poly scenes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working with high poly scenes

Hi, I have tried to convert some of my big high poly scenes to Fstorm, 30mil +... As you guessed this isnt ideal. I have two GTX 1080's connected via SLI.
    Is there anyway that Fstorm will ever handle scenes like this better. Vray renders the scene fine, even Vray RT handles it, although much slower then CPU rendering.

I know that with GPU rendering I will have to setup my scenes differently, but could high poly scenes ever render ok? Is there a way to use the GPU RAM and system RAM together?
    Also, I heard that the new architecture with the 1080's could share each others RAM, thus doubling when using two cards?

Thanks so much
    Tom

SLI is never a good idea for gpu rendering.

Comment

Thanks for the elaborate reply
      Is Fstorm working with Cuda 8.0?
      Last edited by Tom_H_; 08-10-2016, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_H_ View Post
        Thanks for the elaborate reply
        Is Fstorm working with Cudo 8.0?

not yet. Is it officially out?

Comment

Cuda 8.0 RC is out for developers.

Comment

Don't SLI for GPU rendering and feature you ask about is out of core (starts using system RAM for textures etc) - which is not implemented yet, guessing when/if it is would be a release further matured and on licence. Optimize your scene more

Comment

Did the benchmark scene with and without SLI, only a difference of 3 seconds...
              I am hoping with Cuda 8.0 that Fstorm will use the 1080's even better.

Comment

I am ordering 1x1080 to test, i hope it can handle big scenes, so far it working on some 30 plus mill scenes for me n my 970 card at 4 gigs so am thinking your 1080 would be much better also for the sharing of ram aspect, that would be awesome, what are the benefits of the new cuda 8 when it drops karba?

Comment

Working...
                X