Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caustics do NOT appear in my renderings

Dear Karba / FStorm Users,

Performing my latest test with FStorm ( http://www.fstormrender.ru/forum/for...-gallery/page2 ), I noticed the caustic effect is too week or doesn't appear with FStorm.
    I rendered the scene with RandomControl Arion as well, and the caustics were quite visible with Arion. You may check the results in the image attached.
    (The light source position and size is the same for both situations)

Please let me know if I'm making any mistake building the scene, or if there's any other problem/solution.

Thank you in advance

And I accomplished another test, this time for reflective caustics, between FStorm and VRay RT ; and apparently the same problem exists ...

Comment

There is no caustics yet in Fstorm I think.

Comment

Really? If so, I'm eagerly waiting for the feature.
        Karba, please consider this request ... thank you.

Comment

FStorm doesn't support caustic. And it is not in my plans.

Comment

Thanks for your response Karba.
            As you're aware for high-quality interiors and specifically for product visulization, caustics play an important role in order to reach photorealism.
            So far during the tests, FStorm's been among the bests in terms of quality (besides its very high speed). At the time releasing the commercial version of this top-rank rendering engine, that would be a shame if it doesn't support the complete list of required features for quality renderings in any field.
            I'm aware of the hard work developing a totally new engine demands, but please contain it in your plans, even if in the far future.
            Thank you

Comment

Theres a few of us that want Caustics. I'm thinking once Karba has finished the latest road map, we should put up a poll and see which features users want the most.
              For me I'd really like to see Sun Caustics through Pool water, that would be my top request.

Comment

I agree that caustics are essential for photo-realism and it would be a shame to definitively assert that it will not be included. The entire reason I searched for this thread was to see what was going on. I was rendering glass on a table and immediately knew something was missing in terms of accuracy, realness and beauty. Please, please consider it. I am falling in love with FStorm, but the lack of such a feature would be a major con for quality and convincing imagery when comparing with other non-biased engines available. I am a seasoned Maxwell render appreciator but am looking for alternatives due to its weakness in harnessing GPU capabilities even after their recent release. Only you can make F-Storm so much better ) Thank you

Comment

I hate Caustics And do not need it seriously..

Comment

• Eurofiles
                    Eurofiles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That's nice. Caustics are the result of being physically correct. Not really something subject to hate, but if you hate them, Karba will most likely make a check box where you can disable them )

• oguzbir
                    oguzbir commented
                    Editing a comment

Karba said and I quote him "FStorm doesn't support caustic. And it is not in my plans." Actually few posts above he said this
                    I do like caustic effects but certainly it's not a selling point anymore for renderers as it did back in 2005
                    Photo-realism? I agree.. Seriously dont need it in day to day projects.
                Working...
                X