This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zarath View Post
    Hello Dron, so..an update, yesterday when o opened 3ds max and then right click it would make max stop working and close, i thought it's an error from my pc, i reinstalled 3ds max and then it was ok, so today i installed Fstorm again to try to play a little, it opened the scene first time and then after i closed it it gave me that right click error.....any idea what it could be, some bad communication between my max and F storm? not blaming anything just trying to figure out this stuff because i want to continue experimenting with F storm.
    Thanks
    I just deleted Fstorm files or dll whatever it's in there, and now right click error does not appear anymore....so... maybe this will help you in the development...i am glad i solved it for now.
    I am curios how fast next version will be.

Comment

I just deleted Fstorm files or dll whatever it's in there, and now right click error does not appear anymore....so... maybe this will help you in the development...i am glad i solved it for now.
      I am curios how fast next version will be.

Where do you do right click causing crash?

Comment

Originally posted by Dron View Post

Where do you do right click causing crash?
        in the max viewport as you would do right click to click and show vray vfb for example, even in the max side panel, so i right click then nothing happens, even left click does not react after and then crash...it's very annoying, Any ideas what could it be from F storm? I recall yesterday after i installed storm and opened your file it worked, then i tried to open another F storm file from this site http://www.archvizscenes.com/ and it crashed, then when tried to open your file again crashed also. SO maybe that file caused something in Fstorm...can that be posible? first time when i installed fstorm a few days ago it didn't react like that it worked several times i also did this on my laptop and it works fine...Sorry for the trouble

Comment

Hello,

just ran the benchmark :

9Min40 / Geforce GTX TITAN + ASUS STRIX GTX 1080

Comment

• whersmymail
            whersmymail commented
            Editing a comment
            Nice! How does the 1080 solely perform??

• walee
            walee commented
            Editing a comment
            i will try that out.

• walee
            walee commented
            Editing a comment
            i disable the TITAN and i get 13min11 with the ASUS TRIX GTX 1080 only.

in the max viewport as you would do right click to click and show vray vfb for example, even in the max side panel, so i right click then nothing happens, even left click does not react after and then crash...it's very annoying, Any ideas what could it be from F storm? I recall yesterday after i installed storm and opened your file it worked, then i tried to open another F storm file from this site http://www.archvizscenes.com/ and it crashed, then when tried to open your file again crashed also. SO maybe that file caused something in Fstorm...can that be posible? first time when i installed fstorm a few days ago it didn't react like that it worked several times i also did this on my laptop and it works fine...Sorry for the trouble

Did you have anything like that before FStorm installation?
          Do you use floorgen plugin?
          What other plugins do you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Dron View Post

Did you have anything like that before FStorm installation?
            Do you use floorgen plugin?
            What other plugins do you use?
            Hello, well no i had never had the right click issue before installing Fstorm, i think it might be some interaction with that file from the link i sent..i am not sure i cannot replicate now since i have wip project.
            I do not use floorgen i only use itoo forest pack 4.3.6 i think and multiscatter but that is not installed anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by walee View Post
              Hello,

just ran the benchmark :
              9Min40 / Geforce GTX TITAN + ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
              HI, that can;t be right...i had around 17 minutes with gtx 970 strix...i expected more from 1080), or maybe you changed the settings.

Comment

• walee
                walee commented
                Editing a comment
                nope i just click render, didn't change a thing.

HI, that can;t be right...i had around 17 minutes with gtx 970 strix...i expected more from 1080), or maybe you changed the settings.
              So... what driver do you got for the card? and what version, i am asking because i am really curious why 13 minutes, i was expecting something like half the time of gtx 970. but still i think the drivers will get improoved and 1080 will kick ass.

Comment

• walee
                walee commented
                Editing a comment
                i've been using the latest drivers 368.81, and FSR version 0.1.17
                Last edited by walee; 07-18-2016, 07:19 AM.

My PC,GTX 980 TI + GTX 970 oc boost Freq. to 1400MHz,FSR version 0.1.17,render time 08:09,GPU driver is 368.39
              Attached Files
              Last edited by lhenix; 07-16-2016, 12:08 PM.

Comment

My "old" GTX 780 is doing an outstanding job compared to some newer cards and results I see here.

Only 33min and 17sec.

Comment

whether fstorm can support to vga ati radeon ?

Comment

Originally posted by hobigrafix View Post
                    whether fstorm can support to vga ati radeon ?
                    not in near future.

Comment

12min 35sec with gtx1080.

Hope the speed will increase after more stable driver release.

Comment

2 x Asus Strix GTX 970: 9min 48sec
                        Thanks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	wastzzz.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	126.0 KB
ID:	1420

Comment

My test with 2 new GTX 1080 on fstorm v. 0.2 says 6.42 mins..
                          Great time but was hoping for a bit less since 2 GTX 970 are doing less than 10 mins ;-)

Comment

Working...
                          X