Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory usage question

Greetings,

I am opening this new thread to ask you about the memory usage: the RT shows me an usage of almost 5GB, but GPU-Z indicates that only 1,5GB are being used, so, which one is correct?

I also have another question: yesterday, on that same scene (which is quite simple, simply a room with furniture), it told me one time that the GPU was out of memory. I had read about the memory limitations of GPU renderers, but, that's mean that complex scenes won't be possible to be rendered on 6GB - 8GB graphic cards? Is there a way to dinamically use the memory, so any GPU can handle even huge scenes? Slower of course, but dinamically distributing the memory and charging and discharging certain areas of memory.

Thank you.
    EVGA GTX 1060 SC 6GB GDDR5 @ 2151MHz || i7 3770 @ 3,7GHz || G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB @ 1600mhz

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post
    Greetings,

I am opening this new thread to ask you about the memory usage: the RT shows me an usage of almost 5GB, but GPU-Z indicates that only 1,5GB are being used, so, which one is correct?

I also have another question: yesterday, on that same scene (which is quite simple, simply a room with furniture), it told me one time that the GPU was out of memory. I had read about the memory limitations of GPU renderers, but, that's mean that complex scenes won't be possible to be rendered on 6GB - 8GB graphic cards? Is there a way to dinamically use the memory, so any GPU can handle even huge scenes? Slower of course, but dinamically distributing the memory and charging and discharging certain areas of memory.

Thank you.
    lol, i have the same issue, use msi config, there seems to be some issue with gpuz, use msi afterburner and forget about gpu z

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel1900 View Post
      Greetings,

Thank you.
      If you had out of memory, then it was definitely more than 1.5Gb
      FStorm doesn't support out of core.

Comment

Working...
      X