Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant put Fstom portal to work, what im doing wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant put Fstom portal to work, what im doing wrong?

Hello everyone,

So, I start using FSTORM 2weeks ago, so far im loving it. But sometimes I dont know why, but simply I cant use Fstor Portal material.

I dont know what im doing wrong.

I create a plane, make sure the normal is pointed inside the room, I put and Fstorm bit map in the enviroment, checked gamma in bitmap, I already put the values super high, but no light comes in the room.

Do I need to use a sun? or Do i need to use any other light, to have the portal working?

In fact I already use lots of times, but sometimes I have some problem to make all portals work, and I cant figure out myself what Im doing wrong.

Here goes 2 printscrean of the scene im working, and I cant put the portal to work.

Thanks for your help!

=P

Originally posted by deniszs View Post
    Hello everyone,

So, I start using FSTORM 2weeks ago, so far im loving it. But sometimes I dont know why, but simply I cant use Fstor Portal material.

I dont know what im doing wrong.

I create a plane, make sure the normal is pointed inside the room, I put and Fstorm bit map in the enviroment, checked gamma in bitmap, I already put the values super high, but no light comes in the room.

Do I need to use a sun? or Do i need to use any other light, to have the portal working?

In fact I already use lots of times, but sometimes I have some problem to make all portals work, and I cant figure out myself what Im doing wrong.

Here goes 2 printscrean of the scene im working, and I cant put the portal to work.

Thanks for your help!

=P
    check importance sampling

Comment

Thaks for your answer!!

Checked, still not working

Comment

Please show where you place portals. How do you check normals directions?

Comment

I check normals direction with modifier edit normals.

I place out side of the windows, and there is no glass just for testing.

maybe it is a stupid thing im doing wrong....

So, I tested, if I put a Sun, it gets light in very well... and lights as well.

I have put a FSTORM Sky in the environment, with sun works very well, without sun, the environment stays at black, no lighting come in.

So Im quite sure, im doing something wrong with the environment, because, even if I put an HDRI in a bitmap, and plug in the environment, no lights come in, even puting astronomic values., and the Fstom Sky neither.

Thats why Portal is not sending light inside, cause thre is no light coming from environment.

and I cant figure out why

Comment

seems you need a better hdri, looks like a sunset hdri, hard to get hard shadows with them

Comment

Originally posted by deniszs View Post
              I have put a FSTORM Sky in the environment, with sun works very well, without sun, the environment stays at black, no lighting come in.

Be sure the texture right checkbox is checked
              Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
              Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Thanks for the answer.

I tested 4 different HDRI and nothing.

I made sure texture right checkbox is checked.

I create a new max file, and merged all geometry in, I put an HDRI, but nothing.

Then, I finally could put it to work!!! YEHH!
                I have create a simple scene test, I put the HDRI, and a Portal, as you can see in attachment, then I import the scene which does not work inside of this test scene!!. and voila it is working!!
                but im not so happy yet, because I did not discover what was causing this problem, but anyway! thank you very much for your time.

Cheers!

Comment

Could you send me the original scene where portals doesn't work? info@fstormrender.com

Comment

Working...
                  X