Glare and rendering time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glare and rendering time

I noticed that glare feature increase render time almost twice. Is this ok or it's a bug? i thought it's a post-effect like in vray.

Originally posted by Trodler View Post
    I noticed that glare feature increase render time almost twice. Is this ok or it's a bug? i thought it's a post-effect like in vray.
    It is a post effect, but quite complex to calculate. If a scene itself is rendered "too fast", then glare calculation may contribute noticeable time.

Comment

yea, seems you right

Comment

I liked the I idea of having glow ON as a default. But it does affect the speed that much. could you please set is as disabled as default.

Also importance sampling seems to speed up things. Why not set it as Enabled as default for that matter. And maybe set the default resolution to 2048 .

Comment

Importance sampling makes sense only for contrast environment. resolution 1024 should be more than enough, or not?
          Regarding glare. I will try to speed it up if I can.

Comment

Since I'm used to work with Octne, glare is different in two ways:
            - affects render time
            - can't be updated while render is paused (haven't checked 0.1.15 though)

Can you make this work like in the other engine? FStorm glare looks definetely better but how does it differ from Octne that it needs render power?
            Last edited by RobSteady; 06-25-2016, 11:11 PM.
            FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

Dron just want to say spot on how the glare works by the way.
              Being able to change the size of the bloody glow is just perfect. Many thanks for that.

Not sure about 1024 on the importance sampling resolution in regards to how people use it.. You better keep it as it is.
              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X