Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• otoy team philosophy: picking on the little guy

https://m.otoy.com/OTOYvKozlovPinkSo...tiveRelief.pdf
    Last edited by mister-metal-dick; 07-30-2016, 04:46 PM.

Was expecting that. Karba insured that he's not using any code from Octane.
    What now?
    FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

omg, so what now?

Comment

personally I don't want pinksoft die for this, I hope karba and the pinksoft team can survive and continue to make fs better

Comment

i hope too,
          Karba (Андрей) if you need any support, let us know

Comment

That only feeds my disappointment towards this "i-have-big-plans" company. Their product has become worse over time, instead of improving. Slower, unstable, memory-inefficient, nearly unusable for professional work: it has become a mess without a concept. Users go for things that actually work.

That said, they are ending up suing one of the persons that mostly contributed in making their product better during the golden times, which may be legit, but from an ethical point of view they should also thank him.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by wastzzz View Post
              That only feeds my disappointment towards this "i-have-big-plans" company. Their product has become worse over time, instead of improving. Slower, unstable, memory-inefficient, nearly unusable for professional work: it has become a mess without a concept. Users go for things that actually work.

That said, they are ending up suing one of the persons that mostly contributed in making their product better during the golden times, which may be legit, but from an ethical point of view they should also thank him.

M.
              Agreed.
              Hope everything turns out well for FStorm.

Comment

If not using any code then it's fine, but doesn't stop getting picked on to try exhaust resources of the small fella.
                Wonder why the high court of NZ, Karba's not in NZ right.
                Anyway looking forward to an update, if need some community donations to get moving again reach out Karba.
                Not impressed with OTOY, self righteous idiots, they are making a bad name for themselves quickly in the rendering space.

Comment

I am preparing a statement of defense for New Zealand High Court.
                  It will be applied next week.
                  In the worth case I will loose New Zealand customers.

I didn't use any Octane source code and didn't infringe any Otoy copyrights.
                  I hope the Court will take my position.

Comment

I hope so Karba (that the Court is fair and reasonable based on the facts), I'm from NZ so I'm hoping to purchase!
                    I thought you were possibly in NZ, now makes sense why they go NZ first then, as if they get across the line here then they go elsewhere/countries.
                    Happened for many political and judicial systems in the past, several come to mind, including Kim Dotcom.
                    They are only using NZ as a test case to get the ball rolling, you need to stop it here.
                    NZ has likely one of the smallest % global uptake/purchase of any renderer, anywhere on the planet, makes you think...
                    Last edited by adams; 07-31-2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Well thats good news, I was hoping it was all above board.
                      For Otoy to think or as they put it know that parts of code are copied.
                      Would they have to reverse engineer the code to find it ?
                      How would they know ?

Comment

Hope it really wins, we need more renderers like this, so young and making such amazing images already, fight!

Comment

Originally posted by adams View Post
                          They are only using NZ as a test case to get the ball rolling, you need to stop it here.
                          You're absolutely right.
                          Your "answer" has to be bulletproof otherwise this will go on a long time and cost you a lot of energy/time. They will probably even argue that you're using similar desciptions like importance sampling, kernel settings - the cheap way.
                          Wishing you good luck!

Comment

...keep finger crossed and wish the best!

Comment

Well that's sad that they accuse you for this , I hope the best for Fstorm and you Karba !
                              Last edited by Chakib; 08-01-2016, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X