Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attempt to hack fstormrender.com

Last night somebody tried to hack fstormrender.com
    Almost at the same time Otoy lawyers sent formal DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) notice to dreamhost (fstormrender.com hosting) to block downloading section.
    I am working on the problem and the downloading section will be available soon.

They will send out some headhunters soon
    Last edited by RobSteady; 08-21-2016, 06:24 PM.
    FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

This is a joke right?

Comment

otoy sounds like a pretty dirty company. hope your problems go away.

Comment

If those Otoy guys are responsible, damn they're are childish bunch !! grow up kids

Comment

Disappointing but don't expect much less from OTOY. They are going from strength to strength in the public relations space right now surrounding this case, it will only get worse for them the deaper they dig, and also the further FS spreads it's wings.

Comment

hot topic on the V-Ray forums as well: "That's because I'm convinced OTOY is a scam. Friend of a friend worked there with an advanced degree in rendering... they put him to work keeping their website update--never wrote a line of code. When he tried to quit because he wasn't actually doing any rendering they sued him for non-compete. They released "Real Time Raytracing" with AMD... turned out to be real-time compositing of raytraced renders. They announced a partnership with Autodesk--until Autodesk's lawyers told them to can it all that they had done was go to a meeting and watch a presentation not sign any agreements. When the heat was ratcheting up since they had 0 products and no IP but burned millions of gullible investor dollars they bought Octane. When octane hit a roadblock they bought Brigade. They have loads of cash, but you can't just keep buying yourself out of an IP hole."

Comment

Hey there! I just want to say im a new user of Fstorm! love your work and keep it up! don't let the desperate losers get to you. I am hearing a lot about OTOY lately though... very questionable, though I don't know enough about any of it to really take sides. All I do know is that fstorm is coming along VERY nicely! thank you

Comment

When the tide comes at you it is a sign that those at the top, which means you should go ahead with FS. do the impossible and no one can stop it. Karba luck with everything. Clearly OTOY is concerned about its success. greetings and success that few were good as we say in Cuba

Comment

Any updates Karba?

Comment

Otoy didn't work hard,in turn go to law against anybody rob a user,it's too shameless.

Comment

Working...
                      X