Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few tests on Glass material

Hi,
    Im trying to figure out how to create a glass material which is at the same time transparent and reflective. Having only one ior setting to play with im finding quite difficult to increase the reflections without decreasing refraction. I guess Opacity is the way to go without saying that is a good or bad way.. just a different aproach. Setting oppacity to 0.1 managed to go up with reflections without affecting refractions (that much).
    Here is the test scene im working on: https://www.dropbox.com/s/woe4207nkp...tScene.7z?dl=0
    And Here are few comparisons base on the same scene with different engines (Vray- OctanE-FStorm)
    Any questions... feel free to shoot!
    Any suggestions?

Here some more... no need i guess!

Comment

i cant find out why FSR results are bluish compare to other engines.. Sun and environment colors were both to white (if remember correctly, not sure)

Comment

1) Windows has bad normals, it looks curved. You have to reset glass object smooth groups.
        2) You have to use spherical mapping for fstorm bitmap texture for the environment

And there is bug in fstorm with normals of mirrored objects. I will fix it soon. One of your window is mirrored. I would recommend you to avoid mirrored glass objects for now. I will release a new version soon.

Comment

• idnok
          idnok commented
          Editing a comment
          Bad normals, if so, why is not visible on other engines?
          In the images i used spherical mapping. Not shure about the scene that ive uploaded if is spherical.
          Yes indeed... there were 4 windows two were mirrored. Good to know! Thank you Dron

You sky is very blue because you have to set Gamma to 2.2 on your HDR image.

Comment

Why is that??

Comment

From what i know so far... HDRI are 32 bit images with no gamma correction on them... if you apply a gamma of 2.2 you are significantly modifying its tones. Im sure that the result would be a more white image but its mathematically incorrect and very unpredictable result. I may be wrong though. I that case i can summarize some of my research and send it here...

Comment

"Bad normals, if so, why is not visible on other engines?
              In the images i used spherical mapping. Not shure about the scene that ive uploaded if is spherical."

What material settings do you use in Octane? Have you set smooth property in Octane specular material?

Comment

No... didn't adjust smooth in octane. Specular material with white reflection and oppacity 0.25 if im correct. Will check later on to be sure.

Comment

Oppacity though can ruin all those effects such as bump or displace or normal issues... I guess having IOR for both reflection and refraction separately gives more control.

Comment

Originally posted by mbetke View Post
                    You sky is very blue because you have to set Gamma to 2.2 on your HDR image.
                    My tests show gamma 2.2 is correct, gamma 1.0 increases the contrast producing incorrect gamma.

Comment

http://filmicgames.com/archives/299 check this out!

Comment

Working...
                      X