Maxwell Render V4 demo is out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxwell Render V4 demo is out

SO DISAPPOINTED! Its gpu rendering is SLOW. My Billy and Mandy posted here using fstorm 2.6a took 45 seconds to somewhat clean up and look amazing. It took maxwell with GPU enables a whooping 22 minutes. Wtf maxwell!

Well I wouldn't expect anything less How long has Maxwell V4 been out for ?

Whats happened to there forum ???

Comment

Just got released yesterday after a September delay. The forums is down. They are redoing the whole site in which looks awful as well. Their original site looked by far more professional. But yeah... coding a render to be gpu is hard i guess. But my god, its SLOW! The cpu render is faster or equal in speed for some reason. i wonder if its a bug. anyone else tried it? Its availale in demo right now.

Comment

here you go for the sake of comparing with fstorm. And cant find ANY comparison on the web. All pics are rendered for exactly 1 minute.
        1st one is fstorm
        2nd one is maxwell CPU
        3rd one is maxwell GPU

You guys notice how bad the gpu looks? And they stated its suppose to look exactly the same is you render in cpu or gpu. what a shame.
        Attached Files

Comment

If you are looking at this through a mobile device, top left is fstorm, top right is maxwell cpu, bottom is maxwell gpu

Comment

I'm wondering if all those unresolved fireflys are caustic reflections ? The Fstorm one is looking very flat, but I guess thats why its so fast.

Ah okay I thought it was all new, but wasn't sure if hadn't already been released.

Comment

Yup.. the gpu one is plagued witj the fireflies. I did more tests... gpu is never faster. Odd. I cant log in to their forums and ask around.. their site is odd right now.

Comment

Working...
              X