Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameters of FStorm RT in MS?

Greetings!
    Is it possible to get the parameters of FStorm RT those which: samples, time, noise .. in MaxScript. ?
    Thanks !

not at the moment but. Karba did said he'll add support once he looks at max sdk one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by oguzbir View Post
      not at the moment but. Karba did said he'll add support once he looks at max sdk one more time.
      Thanks for the answer!

Comment

This is not correct.
        You should be able to access render settings via max script.

Comment

• Sylk
          Sylk commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes but I think he means "is it possible to retrieving the displayed informations in the RT window, like samples 150/1000, time 10/00:15:00, noise free area 52% ?". Probably to trying to script a "RT stopper" if it reach a defined time.

And if i'm right, for now it is not possible to access or control the RT window content and buttons via maxscript.
          Last edited by Sylk; 11-12-2016, 10:42 PM.

• oguzbir
          oguzbir commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry that is not what I meant.
          I can access render settings with no problems..
          But I think Refik asked about accessing RT window buttons via maxscript.
          and I remember you saying you'll have to look for it in the SDK or something like that.
          Nevermind, I have no intention of accessing RT window anyway..

Originally posted by Karba View Post

This is not correct.
        You should be able to access render settings via max script.
        How? Where can see list of commands ?

Comment

Originally posted by Refik View Post
          How? Where can see list of commands ?
          Try this
          Code:
          showproperties renderers.current

Comment

Try this
            Code:
            showproperties renderers.current
            Thank you, but I also know it. What commands displays : rendered current number of samples, time, noise free area, memory? I'm about Fstorm Render RT..

Comment

• oguzbir
              oguzbir commented
              Editing a comment
              yeah my point exactly. None of the RT window buttons are seen by maxscript.
              But cant help to wonder why do you need those values?

roughly like using a script to determine when the current value becomes equal to the Maximum samples - save the picture, move on to the next frame, update the geometry and re-do already render the next frame on the RT. =) By reason of this post: http://www.fstormrender.ru/forum/for...ow-updates-bug

Comment

Maybe I have a solution for you, with a script I started to develop some time ago. It is not finished but it should work enough to help you solve your problem.
              Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
              Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post
                Maybe I have a solution for you, with a script I started to develop some time ago. It is not finished but it should work enough to help you solve your problem.
                Sounds very interesting)
                I should be grateful if you would have this assistance, as this greatly hinders me when working on my project.

Comment

Originally my script is intended to avoid flickering. But it is also appropriate for certain situations, such as your current problem.

Concept consist in rendering frame by frame via Production Render. With some options. Not all options are enabled yet, but they don't prevent the script from working.

May this help you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SGX-Morovash_preview.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	7003

Find it here:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	SGX-Morovash_mcr.png
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	7002

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Sylk; 11-13-2016, 03:32 PM.
                  Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
                  Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post
                    Originally my script is intended to avoid flickering. But it is also appropriate for certain situations, such as your current problem.

Concept consist in rendering frame by frame via Production Render. With some options. Not all options are enabled yet, but they don't prevent the script from working.

May this help you.
                    Big Thanks, It might work in my case, now I will try on my example, as soon as you write what the outcome )

Comment

Rendering is range based. Just set range from Render Setup

Hold ESC key to abort rendering process.
                      Last edited by Sylk; 11-13-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

You have written it? =)

Yes this working for my problem !!! Amazing! You will not mind if I'm a little upgrade the it? )
                        Last edited by Refik; 11-13-2016, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Cool, i'm glad

Yes I wrote it. From A to Z. But I cleaned up to share it with you.

I prefer to do it myself but it depends what you want to update.

Comment

Working...
                          X