No announcement yet.

Parameters of FStorm RT in MS?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your script gave me the one test is now performing it, I was very surprised - this works too. Apparently in FStorm mistake in the code. Nevertheless, if it were not your idea, I would not even bother to test this simple script. =) My animated geometry Particle Flow quite well updated.

Press ESC button and hold it 2-3 second by Cancel Rendering

renderSceneDialog.commit()
    j = (rendEnd-rendStart) / rendNThFrame
    stepFrame = 0
    for i = stepFrame to j while NOT keyboard.escPressed do (
    sliderTime = (i*rendNThFrame) + rendStart
    print("Rendering " + (sliderTime) as String );
    max quick render
    stepFrame += 1;
    )

Updated !

That's all ! =))) Working !
    P.S. Just choise in Common : Range type, Set the output bitmap. =)
    Last edited by Refik; 11-13-2016, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Sylk
      Sylk commented
      Editing a comment
      For sure it works but not sure what you mean. You suggest me to update my script, or you just expose your short version?

I think that it will use this short code, logical for my task
    But in any case, without you I would not try this way! =)

Comment

You're welcome, and free to use the way you want

PS: with mine you can see time statistics
      Last edited by Sylk; 11-13-2016, 06:28 PM.
      Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
      Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Refik View Post
        Your script gave me the one test is now performing it, I was very surprised - this works too. Apparently in FStorm mistake in the code. Nevertheless, if it were not your idea, I would not even bother to test this simple script. =) My animated geometry Particle Flow quite well updated.

Press ESC button and hold it 2-3 second by Cancel Rendering

renderSceneDialog.commit()
        j = (rendEnd-rendStart) / rendNThFrame
        stepFrame = 0
        for i = stepFrame to j while NOT keyboard.escPressed do (
        sliderTime = (i*rendNThFrame) + rendStart
        print("Rendering " + (sliderTime) as String );
        max quick render
        stepFrame += 1;
        )

Updated !

That's all ! =))) Working !
        P.S. Just choise in Common : Range type, Set the output bitmap. =)
        I think your output bitmap is overwrited with this code
        Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
        Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Sylk View Post
          You're welcome, and free to use the way you want

PS: with mine you can see time statistics
          I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the statistics over time FStorm is not true, as in the animation where something less than is required to render a frame of samples, and somewhere more .. Even in the FSTorm RT changes the time after a few passages. How to calculate in advance how much time to spend on other frames FStorm think it will be much harder )

About overwrited ( just in output set 1.tif ) This automatic created bitmap with name 1+frame ( example: For 500 frame It is written as 1500.tif )
          Last edited by Refik; 11-13-2016, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Ok, if this name format is ok for you.
            Originally posted by Refik View Post
            I could be wrong, but it seems to me that the statistics over time FStorm is not true, as in the animation where something less than is required to render a frame of samples, and somewhere more .. Even in the FSTorm RT changes the time after a few passages. How to calculate in advance how much time to spend on other frames FStorm think it will be much harder )
            That's why it's always an "estimated" time, and this is the same for all renderer.
            My stats don't depend on renderer stats. My script calculate remaining time based on time elapsed since the last frame was started. I think this is better than nothing but it's like you want.

Comment

Ok, if this name format is ok for you.

That's why it's always an "estimated" time, and this is the same for all renderer.
              My stats don't depend on renderer stats. My script calculate remaining time based on time elapsed since the last frame was started. I think this is better than nothing but it's like you want.
              No doubt - it's better than nothing, but still comes from the calculation of the final frame and the last frame may be considered longer than the first. And here's an example of my project (220 and 2230. Frame)
              Of course, with the static geometry everything would be exactly as you say, but in any case I shake your hand firmly for your help in solving =)

Of course the first picture did miscalculation faster than the second

Comment

By "the last frame was started" i mean "the last rendered frame was started".
                Estimated remaining time just shows you the remaining time in case all next frames take the same time as the previous rendered frame. This is adaptative and, in many cases, a good estimation and the only method ; not possible to predict the rendering time before calculating a frame.

Comment

wow reading this i realize I don't knows a sh... about maxscript haha, dudes you are monsters...

is there any way you could modify some of that code to render each frame up to some fixed time and then jump to render the next frame?

Comment

Originally posted by Iskánder ivp87 View Post
                    is there any way you could modify some of that code to render each frame up to some fixed time and then jump to render the next frame?
                    I think but not sure, because rendering process suspend code execution, i'll try to find a way today
                    Last edited by Sylk; 11-14-2016, 03:03 PM.

Comment

This is adaptative and, in many cases, a good estimation and the only method ; not possible to predict the rendering time before calculating a frame.
                      Absolutely right

Comment

I think but not sure, because rendering process suspend code execution, i'll try to find a way today
                        Well, i think it isn't possible with maxscript but I know how I can do this. I'll do it and share it.

Comment

Well, i think it isn't possible with maxscript but I know how I can do this. I'll do it and share it.
                          it would be great =)

Comment

wip for time based rendering, preview2:

Last edited by Sylk; 11-16-2016, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X