ability to input a map in the depth of field slot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ability to input a map in the depth of field slot

based on this render from corona, would be nice to have this feature as well to add nice chromatic aberation in the renders as seen by this work from Xavier Catuto
    Attached Files

I don't see anything on this render. Depth of field is not strong enough to see any shapes. Or... what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
      I don't see anything on this render. Depth of field is not strong enough to see any shapes. Or... what are you talking about?
      yeah its a subtle effect but if you look closely at the image you can see the chromatic aberrations these are done in the render itself accompanied by the depth of field effect

Comment

Originally posted by mitviz View Post

yeah its a subtle effect but if you look closely at the image you can see the chromatic aberrations these are done in the render itself accompanied by the depth of field effect
        I still don't see anything. Could point any places?

Comment

I still don't see anything. Could point any places?
          here you go, its pretty easy to see, very subtle but makes a difference

Attached Files

Comment

Not that easy. May be I am blind...

Comment

• mitviz
              mitviz commented
              Editing a comment
              really? its something i use alot, not desired in images so they say but my clients cant get enough of it, i usually apply it in post but its alot of work when you want it in just the right places like in a real image from a camera

• Iskánder ivp87
              Iskánder ivp87 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not saying that I like it, but man is clear and easy to spot even without the red remarks

Maybe another approach: Karba, possible to add Chromatic Aberration as a Post Effect in the FStorm camera?
            FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

Originally posted by RobSteady View Post
              Maybe another approach: Karba, possible to add Chromatic Aberration as a Post Effect in the FStorm camera?
              Why do you need it? This is a really cheap way of making images more "realistic". And post effect will blur image a lot.

Comment

• mitviz
                mitviz commented
                Editing a comment
                hey who said cheap is bad? i had a job recently where the client had some images with chromatic aberration and really wanted them back, its just something that does add to the overall look, its not a priority but would be really nice to have it

• Iskánder ivp87
                Iskánder ivp87 commented
                Editing a comment
                mitviz, again this is rather a compromise than a solution, but you could try to add some kind of channel separation effect, and modulate it with a z depth map, (for now rendered in scan line or quicksilver or something)
                actually you can get pretty sharp and have aberration this way, plus is very fast in comparison to the real thing, talking about VR here

Support real lens behaviors is better way than post effects.
              Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
              Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

Why do you need it? This is a really cheap way of making images more "realistic". And post effect will blur image a lot.
                It's an effect widely used by many people. ArionFX also has it. It even occurres in high end photography:

http://www.wkworks.com/sites/default...20gubi%203.jpg (Table legs, vases, sideboard).

Even though it is very subtle and might blur the image a little it also takes some of that clean cg feel.

FStorm 1.3.0d I Max 2018 I Win7 I i7 5930k I 64GB I 3 x 1080Ti

Comment

I will check what I can do. It is possible to implement, but not as a post effect.

Comment

• Iskánder ivp87
                    Iskánder ivp87 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    maybe I'm asking to much but... if possible could you implement it in a way that don't hit the performance when not in use ?

• mitviz
                    mitviz commented
                    Editing a comment
                    this would be a big plus

Fstorm Camera is to basic. Could you implement real behavior like a real camera? iso, f-number, etc... or make it 100% compatible with max physical camera. Please!!!

Comment

Comment

vray has this option to load a map and change the bokeh shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X