• FStorm Output texture suuport clamp option
    • custom material for gray material rendering
    • FStormCamera viewport FOV limit
    Bug fixes:
    • inconsistent FStormFur and FStormScatter geometry generation
    • FStormScatter crash with network rendering
    • Broken Material Projection UI
    • GPU crash during volumetric compilation

This build requires 3ds Max version 2016 - 2023, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

https://fstormrender.com/download/

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.

• Karba
    replied
    Version is updated to 1.5.1e

Bug fixes:
    • Broken Material Projection UI
    • GPU crash during volumetric compilation

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Version is updated to 1.5.1d

Changes:
    • FStormScatter shape area controll
    • FStormScatter preview object number controll
    • FStorm Output texture supports clamp option
    • custom material for gray material rendering
    • FStormCamera viewport FOV limit
    Bug fixes:
    • inconsistent FStormFur and FStormScatter geometry generation
    • FStormScatter crash with network rendering

Leave a comment:

• bnzs
    replied
    hi Kabra, it would be interesting to see something like this for new features of fstorm https://fstormrender.com/fstorm-1-3-6/ at least one time in 1 year?

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Version is updated to 1.5.1c
    Bug fixes:
    • FStormScatter + backburner (and other network renderings)
    • Some other minor FStormScatter bugs

If you are updating from 1.5.1a version, please delete FStomScatter objects created with version 1.5.1a in a scene before update.

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Version is updated to 1.5.1b
    Changes:
    • FStormScatter editor zoom
    • FStormScatter editor node copping
    • FStormScatter objects dencity controll

This version can't load previous FStormScatter objects. Please delete FStomScatter objects created with version 1.5.1b in a scene before update.

New demo scene
    https://fstormrender.com/wa-data/publ...tDemo_2018.zip

Leave a comment:

• kahein
    replied
    Just some test. I saw that you already update some of the fonctions that miss. Great job.

Leave a comment:

• kahein
    replied
    I think the scattering should be completed with a particle generator or a painting particle point node distribution. And after those particles could be used by the generator. The particle generator node could be branch after by a decimation node where we can paint where we want them. Much precise than a texture or a dirt, distance map.
    Last edited by kahein; 06-01-2022, 07:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kahein
    replied
    + possibility to branch a node between two existing node without having to debranch them like that we don't have to pause the RT or if the RT running the whole system don't disappear.
    + Add multiples selected node to be branch with one single clic and drag. Ex multiples generator selected can be branch once at a time to the next node.
    + Allow multiple output branching. Ex. Rotation if I take only this one could be only branch in output one time. If I want to use it in another scale we can't.
    + Add zoom tool to the schematic view.
    + Don't know if the processes is intel/ amd ,open CL, cuda dependant or multithreading but it seems the performance of the node graph view are influenced. with the same scene on two a different configuration the performance are really different.
    + Maybe a tool to determine the limit of generator that could be create before crashing or prevent the system to crash. 2x 3090 plus 64gb of vram and I already crash the system several times when reaching 10M generator.
    Last edited by kahein; 06-01-2022, 07:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kahein
    replied
    + node Uvw by object or by surface

Leave a comment:

• kahein
    replied
    Sorry i try to explain what i mean better.
    + Selecting the object source inside the node. If we want to edit the geometry , adding a button to select it. Its a function that's also miss in geopattern. Like this we don't have to find the source in the layer panel or try to find it if we have a big quantity of mesh used for scattering. Select source button.Z shortcut. Boom it's here. I can adjust my mesh.
    + This one is for a visual understanding of what we are doing.
    When we select a geometry node. We don't see it in the viewport. If it possible to show in the viewport the bounding box like if they were selected.
    + The scatter object don't seems to affect viewport performance but for those who don't have a good configuration. Having the possibility in the generator node too reduce the number of bounding box display in the viewport not in the render.
    + For the painting I understand. Maybe a node to masking or vertex paint used as a distributor or a decimation better and more flexible than a texture map.

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Originally posted by kahein View Post
    Great job Andrey !
    if I can suggest.
    - Adding a on/off checkbox on the scatter node and on each node available or a lookthroug or bypass statut.
    - adding the possibility to paint over the surface directly like the Soulburnscript objet painter (http://www.neilblevins.com/art_asset...for_3dsmax.htm)
    - add a little help or description of the node
    - possibility to copy/paste the selected node or shift or ctrl or alt drag it to duplicate it
    - adding a merge node to merge multiple object node to branch in one after if the list is not possible
    - dont know if its possible, the possibility to select multiple nodes and have them in the right panel like nuke or fusion with a possibility to show a limit of 1 to x node in the right panel
    - add a statut bar to see when fscatter is cooking the node.
    - possibility to select from object/surface node the source used in the node
    - possibility to show in the viewport the generator node selected in overlay
    - possibility in the generator to choose the count preview of display as box mesh
    - maybe add a scatter list like light lister
    - test with heavy three in proxy, 1000 instance, the rt is really fast, it update instantly when i put a value but, i have a delay for the scatter editor to be usable and the viewport.
    - some crash happen with black viewport try to refresh the cooking
    I will check what I can do.
    "- possibility to copy/paste the selected node or shift or ctrl or alt drag it to duplicate it" - Node coping is implemented, I will release it a bit later.
    "- adding the possibility to paint over the surface directly like the Soulburnscript objet painter" - this is a scatter, not a painter.
    "- adding a merge node to merge multiple object node to branch in one after if the list is not possible" - You can connect several nodes to a single one for merging.

"- possibility to select from object/surface node the source used in the node
    - possibility to show in the viewport the generator node selected in overlay
    - possibility in the generator to choose the count preview of display as box mesh"
    - I didn't get what it means

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Originally posted by 3DNATTY View Post
    Ok so i cant get Collision to work .. any tips Karba
    You have to connect your collision node.

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Can you use Multi texture ?
    It should work.

Leave a comment:

• Karba
    replied
    Scatter doesn't seem to work with Displacement
    I will implement scattering over displacement geomgetry.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X