Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FStormRender for 3ds Max v0.3.8a, Hot fix.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Celinhow View Post
    Hello Karba
    I tried this version on max 2017 and hair and fur are not working yet, i think in version 2.6a its ok
    Isnt a little too early for Fstorm going paid version? because i think if we pay we want something more robust and complete... i love Fstorm and im certainly going to buy it, but not now its far from finishied...
    I will fix hair and fur.
    It is up to you to use or not.

Comment

Originally posted by cdb View Post
      HI karba

i understand the point of making it commercial

however there are 3 things (and kind of easy things to implement) you should include in the release.
      all other things can come later but think about those 3 please:

1- background switcher
      2- shadow catcher
      3- dome radius

these are really fundamental features of every engine
      hope you understand my point

i'm happy you are going to release the "final version"

thanks
      cdb

1,2 will be implemented in a commercial version (not in the first one)
      3 - What is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Kstudio View Post
        Can't install v0.3.8a.
        After UAC dialog nothing happens.

I'm using the Win10 with latest updates.
        All previous versions installed correctly.
        I don't know, nobody else complained. Could please redownload and try again?

Comment

• Kstudio
          Kstudio commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks - now works fine!

Originally posted by rocoto View Post
        Hi KArba!
        Thank you for your hard work!

I am having video memory problems.

It looks like Fstorm doesnt cleans the memory or something like that after rendering. When I open the scene it ocupies 1.2gb but after working a while that same scenes fstorm says it ocupies 2.4gb!
        That shows fstorm, but with "Sisinternals - Process explorer" it shows that 3ds max consumes all the 6gb of ram of the video card- Look at the screenshot

And I can't work in 3ds max and photoshop at the same time because it won't open because there isn't 500mb free video memory. In Octane with the same scene or heavier scenes I work in photoshop and after effects without problem.

I am using v0.3.8a and last nvidia driver.

On your screenshot fstorm says it takes only 1.37Gb

Comment

• rocoto
          rocoto commented
          Editing a comment
          but you see that is not correct by the sisinternals info.

Originally posted by Karba View Post

1,2 will be implemented in a commercial version (not in the first one)
        3 - What is this?
        ok, thanks for the reply (neither a solid color for replacing the alpha channel?)
        the dome radius is the radius of the sphere or the emisphere in which an hdr environment is mapped to
        sometimes (eg interior hdris baked hdris etc) the dome should'nt be "infinite" to cast proper lighting so for example if i make an hdr out of a room i'd need to map it to a dome which is 3 meters radius for example,

that's it

thanks
        all the best for the release
        ps do you have an eta for that?

cdb

Comment

Will you really release a commercial version without fix the targets issues?
          http://www.fstormrender.ru/forum/for...9-fstorm-light
          Software: FStormRender: 1.5.0h | Drivers NV: 456.71 | 3dsMax: 2020.3 | Windows: 10 x64
          Hardware: Gpu: GTX1080 Phoenix GLH | Cpu: i7-2600k@4.5GHz | Ram: 16GB | SSD: Samsung 860 Pro

Comment

...hopefully the commercial version will be released with rendermask support

Comment

Originally posted by Karba View Post
              Bug fixes:
              black textures in 3ds max viewport
              invisible light blocks direct lighting

This build requires 3ds Max version 2014 - 2017, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

FStormRender for 3ds Max v0.3.8a(13Mb)

This is the last free version.
              Next versions will be commercial.

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.
              I can´t install this version. No problem in the installation of the older versions.
              I´ve got an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe View Post

I can´t install this version. No problem in the installation of the older versions.
                I´ve got an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
                Looks like driver check doesn't work sometimes. I have removed it. Please redownload it again.

Comment

• JohnDoe
                  JohnDoe commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks a lot. It works now.

• Kstudio
                  Kstudio commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks! this version works.
                  This is a dump for previous version.

Dump File: FStorm3dsmaxSetup_0_3_8a.exe.11660.dmp : CrashDumps\FStorm3dsmaxSetup_0_3_8a.exe.11660.dmp
                  Last Write Time: 08.11.2016 12:28:00
                  Process Name: FStorm3dsmaxSetup_0_3_8a.exe : FStorm3dsmaxSetup_0_3_8a.exe
                  Process Architecture: x64
                  Exception Code: 0xC0000005
                  Exception Information: The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
                  Heap Information: Not Present

System Information
                  ------------------
                  OS Version: 10.0.14393
                  CLR Version(s):

it's just me or this one is slower than the 3.7a?? I have 8 different scenes to compare and this version is about 3 ~ 5 seconds behind in a period of 40 or so seconds, which for me is a lot... is there any reason to keep this one and not going back to the 3.7a? what would I gain with this version?

Comment

• Miguel1900
                  Miguel1900 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's a too short time to compare and can even be only due to a fresh reboot of your PC. You should compare with files that take over 20 minutes (10, at very least).

PS: for me, it's 20 seconds faster in 14 minutes scenes.

• Iskánder ivp87
                  Iskánder ivp87 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  yes but I do animation and try to keep render times low, 5 minutes or lower and with the same 8 different scenes I have noticed how the render time is just the same or decrease with each fstorm version, with this one it just don't

I installed the .3.7a again to compare and indeed is faster around 5 or 6 seconds in a secuence of about 36 seconds the frame, in the other 7 scenes the difference is smaller, the one with less noticeable difference is about 3 min 20 seconds the frame and still is 10 seconds behind

• Miguel1900
                  Miguel1900 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I see. Well, I think it can vary between versions, yes. If the software is fast but we ask for quality improvements in certain things and Karba add them, probably the render times will be slightly slower, and it will get slower with other improvements too, until we arrive at a point where Karba, instead of adding a new function, use his time to review the code, make improvements on it and boost the render speed. I think this is a common cycle.

Добрый вечер! Извините, английского не знаю, поэтому пишу по русски. Андрей, понятно, что ориентируясь на зарубежный рынок, делать русский интерфейс для своего рендера вы не собираетесь... но, - планируете ли сделать, для таких пользователей как я, русскую справку по своему рендеру? Планируете ли портировать свой рендер на Cinema 4D и когда?

Comment

Originally posted by Евгений Колонюк View Post
                  Добрый вечер! Извините, английского не знаю, поэтому пишу по русски. Андрей, понятно, что ориентируясь на зарубежный рынок, делать русский интерфейс для своего рендера вы не собираетесь... но, - планируете ли сделать, для таких пользователей как я, русскую справку по своему рендеру? Планируете ли портировать свой рендер на Cinema 4D и когда?
                  Non English messages are not allowed. Please check your private messages.

Comment

Hi Karba,

Quick request for the paid version (this might have been requested already) phase controller in your fabulous noise material please?

Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by samf01 View Post
                      Hi Karba,

Quick request for the paid version (this might have been requested already) phase controller in your fabulous noise material please?

Sam.
                      Are you talking about FStormNoise texture? if so, you can change z offset for water surface.

Comment

I would gladly pay for FStorm if it had a few more features. Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                        X