Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FStormRender for 3ds Max v1.1.4b (updated 11/02/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FStormRender for 3ds Max v1.1.4b (updated 11/02/2017)

Changes:
    environment override(Alpha environment)
    falloff custom direction
    image sampling random seed
    updated conversion of standard bitmap texture
    updated conversion of Corona bitmap texture
    Corona mix texture conversion
    VRay fog color conversion
    normal map conversion (standard, VRay and Corona)
    VRay complex texture conversion
    screen environment mapping for FStorm bitmap texture
    orthographic camera support (FStorm and standard cameras).

Bug fixes:
    black halos in case of shadowed reflection highlights.
    region render crash.
    black areas in case of complanar light sources.

This build requires 3ds Max version 2014 - 2017, GPU with CUDA support and compute model 2.0 or higher. https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

https://fstormrender.com/download/

Please let us know if you have any issues with this version.

hey, thanks
    does have it the new bump algorithm embedded?
    i mean the one you were using in the sofa scene (the one that looked so displacey)
    i guess it would change the bump on older projects so needed to do a recheck if new algorithm is added

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cdb View Post
      hey, thanks
      does have it the new bump algorithm embedded?
      i mean the one you were using in the sofa scene (the one that looked so displacey)
      i guess it would change the bump on older projects so needed to do a recheck if new algorithm is added

thanks
      It was added in 1.1.3

Comment

ok, thanks, i tought it was a further implementation after the shadow termination

Comment

Using the environment override(Alpha environment), how do I display a backplate image in screen mode?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpatton View Post
            Using the environment override(Alpha environment), how do I display a backplate image in screen mode?
            Hi Jeff. Seems like it's broken.. AFAI see only color works at the moment

Comment

Ahh, thanks. I tried all kinds of settings on the FStorm bitmap controls and thought I was doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffpatton View Post
                At the moment FStorm supports environment in spherical mapping (it works, just checked). I will add screen mapping soon.

Comment

Hi Karba, very good job in just a few months, it's astonishing! no plans to implement bitmaps light projection yet?

Comment

Thank you Karba,

The "Environment Override" is quite useful, but it doesn't influence reflections. Is that possible to add something like an "affect reflections" option besides affecting the background?

Other questions :
                    What are "falloff custom direction" and "image sampling random seed" used for?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by frzd_m View Post
                      Thank you Karba,

The "Environment Override" is quite useful, but it doesn't influence reflections. Is that possible to add something like an "affect reflections" option besides affecting the background?

Other questions :
                      What are "falloff custom direction" and "image sampling random seed" used for?

Thanks in advance
                      It takes into account image alpha. At the moment reflections don't produce transparent alpha.
                      I will add option for reflection/refraction alpha in FStorm materials later.

Comment

Thanks Karba

Would anyone please explain what are "falloff custom direction" and "image sampling random seed" used for?

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by frzd_m View Post
                          Thanks Karba

Would anyone please explain what are "falloff custom direction" and "image sampling random seed" used for?

Thank you
                          Sorry, forgot to answer. Standard falloff uses direction pointed to camera. if you use custom direction, you can use any direction you set. If you use upward direction (0.0, 0.0, 1.0), you can simulate dust, snow and other similar things lying on top of objects.

Comment

Hi, Karba
                            Is it possible to implement FstormTile map in next release. Something like standart in 3ds max. In some cases it's very necessary. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by AlexPaklin View Post
                              Hi, Karba
                              Is it possible to implement FstormTile map in next release. Something like standart in 3ds max. In some cases it's very necessary. Thx
                              Tile is a complex map and not very universal map. It is not worth it to implement on GPU.

Comment

Working...
                              X