Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RobSteady View Post
    Money ready: check!
    Please keep it up with frequent updates. I'm sick and tired of Octane, it's a complete disaster. They're stranded with their product.
    I'm really close to your thinking Rob

Comment

I am with you.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here, thought I'd budge in a little.

I've been testing different new rendering engines lately. Already got a license to Corona an Iray+, but was curious if there are any better GPU-based renderers, so tried a demo of Redshift and found out about FStorm.
        Fstorm renders fairly quickly, but one thing that bugs me, just like with every other GPU renderer, is that there's no out-of-core support. In other words - if you run out of GPU memory - you're done.
        Redshift DOES feature out-of-core tech and it's great at $500, I guess. It's fast and biased, but renders really nice images REALLY fast (I've got 2x GTX 1080 cards and 2x Quadro M5000 cards in my machine).
        FStorm produced nice results slightly slower, but still really fast (I suppose it's slower because it's unbiased).

So my question is: Will FStorm support out-of-core at some point? GPU memory is usually too small for anything other than small focused interiors or products. Would that be possible? Things like foliage (grass, tree and bush models, etc) and hi-res textures just destroy memory...

Thanks!

Comment

• adams
          adams commented
          Editing a comment
          No plans for out of core. Not needed, GPU memory always increasing. A well optimized scene 8gb will go a long way. Redshift and FStorm very different as far as work required to get similar end results, I was RS early alpha user so have used a bit for evaluation, speed vs quality/out of box realism is the only comparison I can say RS/FS. RS really is an animation rendering superstar.

• Sylk
          Sylk commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm limited to -1GB vram and with an out-of-core feature i could render many scene i can't. So please a little thought for small configs and small wallets

• brightlight
          brightlight commented
          Editing a comment
          I would really love an out-of-core feature within FStorm, but the resistance to offer it indicates that it isn't easy to do. It's a pity, as it would give users some
          peace of mind (those working on large projects), at least until graphics cards become less expensive.

Any update of the Roadmap is possible please?

Comment

Will there be a feature like VRAY clipper in the future?. Really something we could use.

Comment

Originally posted by wizix View Post
            Any update of the Roadmap is possible please?
            The roadmap will be updated after commercial release.

Comment

Originally posted by 3dvizual View Post
              Will there be a feature like VRAY clipper in the future?. Really something we could use.
              No plans for clipper at the moment.

Comment

Hi! If you use RailClone, the elements in it are not copied as "instance". Who should make support for this? Itoo or Fstorm developers?

Comment

Working...
                X